1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got new ram sticks makes beeping noise took them out.....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DopeFreak, Jan 8, 2011.

1. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

now computer doesnt work even with the original ram sticks i get a double beep. its actually my friends computer i had this problem b4 on mine but when i took the new ram sticks out mine worked. It goes beep beep.tried moving them around in different slots as well.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reseat all cards & ram. try clearing the cmos ram as found that to work sometimes to kick start a stubborn system.

3. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

i moved all the ram cards all over in different orders man. how do i reset the cmos ram i searched talked about a batter and pin or something?

4. ddp

disconnect the powercord that connects the pc with wall plug. remove the battery carefully from mtherboard. battery is a cr2032 & is about the size of a quarter(25 cent piece). count to 20 then reconnect the battery the same way as you took it out with the plus side toward you. reconnect the external powercord & repower up the pc. will have to chage your time & date due to cmos being cleared but can do that in windows as long as pc boots.

5. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

It did not work i did everything is there anything else. i even waited a whole nite b4 i put the battery back in lol.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  6. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

also, if your feeling up to it. there are is a row of pins that have a jumper on them, just for resetting cmos, like if your locked out due to password restriction or something. i think it will load defaults for the system and may start up. there should be like 3 pins, two of them covered up by a black or blue housing. make sure to ground yourself while working inside the pooter. also, look up the mainboard and see what the "POST code" is for two beeps. that will help. lastly, once the system gives you access set the ram speed, timings, and voltages too to the specifications of the ram. should be on the label, usually.

7. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

I tried that it also did not work lol Anything else? thx for trying to help my problem though i appreciate it:)

8. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

is the motherboard a Dual memory type setup ex. 2 slots SD ram and two slots DDR ram.

if so you burnt out the memory controller.

9. marcusj0015

marcusj0015 Regular member

take out the battery, disconnect the power from the wall, hold down the power button for 60 seconds, flip the power switch on the back of your PSU, hold power button for another 60 seconds.

thats the most efficent way i know of to reset the CMOS.

10. ddp

11. marcusj0015

marcusj0015 Regular member

i didnt read all the comments