1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniDV HD tapes wont playback

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mazz222, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mazz222

mazz222 Member

I recorded a ballet on 4 sony HD miniDV tapes using the sony HDR-HC3 camera in HD recording mode. Upon trying to playback in the camera on the following day, the video will not playback in the camera , nor any other camera.
    While I was recording, the curtain would close for 10 mins, and I would stop recording. Once when I tried to start recording again, the camera said there was an error and to clean the heads. Not really practical in the middle of a one time performance. I put in a fresh tape and the camera gave me no error and said it was once again recording . Time signatures and everything.
    The camera then told me the following day once connected to the pc via iLink, that it could export image or something similar. It recognized that there was some video in a certain format I would assume, but would not play back. when not connected , I get just a blue screen, the minutes on the tape go down, but no time signature in the video.

I tried various settings when connected in the vcr mode , the hd, the dv, the and the different iLink conversion settings. Also tried the different settings in adobe premiere.

I tried this in someone elses MiniDV with the same results. Also, I tried a fresh non HD miniDV tape with footage already on it, and recorded in both dv and hd format. Both played back just fine in the cameras vcr with the auto setting. However the main HD tapes still will not playback.

Some have suggested that either the tapes never did record, or that they somehow got erased. I certainly hope neither is the case and am seeking help and or advice on this matter.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

obviously there is nothing on the tape.. as $ony suggest.. hard luck.. if it isn't there to start with there is NO WAY to get it back.. because it doesn't exist in the first place.