1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frequency problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by goldram, Jun 29, 2011.

1. goldram

goldram Member

Hiya....can someone help please?... Ive got a KV A780, but cant find any channels on frquency 427.00,all the rest are ok, the frequency IS there but it wont find any channels on it at all, ive done factory reset, rescan, deleted the frequency, tried other things, but all to no avail, just so puzzling for me, whilst watching it rescan, it just seems to jump by it...but it is defo there...cant seem to put it right,i know its not the end of the world, with what problems people have got on here, but i just like things to work right.....Many thanks

2. e45

e45 Regular member

Did you ever think maybe there is nothing showing on that freq.

3. goldram

goldram Member

No, becauce the frequency is ok on my box, and picks up everything on that frequency, the problem box is only 5 minutes away...exactly same provider....same upto update SW, it did used to work.. as in it picked the channels upon the freqency, sometimes they could be viewed, and then it would say "scrambled or no video", but now nothing ...just puzzling eh?....thanks...

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

how is the signal and level quality,if too low may skip some,are you scanning from direct feed.?

5. e45

e45 Regular member

Ok simple solution bring your working box to his house, and bring his to your house and scan his, if it works in your house he has a signal problem.

6. smiler123

smiler123 Guest

7. goldram

goldram Member

Thanks for your reply.....Update on my `situation`...well ive swapped the boxes, sent my box to the other house with all the missing channels on and its fine, but my daughters box is now at my house....factory settings/scanned several times,deleted all the channels, deleted the TPs one by one,left it in `power search mode` overnight, thinking it would get them like that, but it just wont get the channels...weird or what?..Ive even sat and watched it scan the TPs, it defintely finds frequency 427.00, but when its scanning for channels on it, it just stops on it for a couple of seconds,finds nothing and then goes onto frequency 435.00....i just cant understand it, any problems ive had in the past normally i can sort them out just by reading the advise on here...Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks Mr "hair pulling" Goldram

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

what is your signal and quality levels at?

9. goldram

goldram Member

Thanks for you quick reply...Sorry i forgot to say that, there both at 88% when its scanning for channels, and the same when the channel(ie ITV2) is on my box, but i cant check it on the other box as theres no channel to ckeck it against...very puzzling eh?.

10. ronsky123

ronsky123 Member

mine did the same on frquency 427.00 it was a faulty Turner channals like gold +1 watch +1 blighty home+1 good food +1 albi +1 dave ja vu lost

11. e45

e45 Regular member

Do a box to box channel transfer and see will that hold for you.

Menu >> installation >> data transfer