1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make ISP style DTV capturing

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Olvi2000, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Olvi2000

Olvi2000 Member

I would like to capture all tv programs from every channel to my server and share them from there to me.
    Program for sharing is not problem, but how can I automaticly capture all channels and programs to different files?
    What hardware and programs I need to do this.

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

now i could be wrong but what you describe is impossible. a server by nature shares ecms to clients. It does not contain tv capture (it can but it would need a tv capture card per channel/transponder) which is simply not a runner.

i think you miss the point of a server. its primary function is to relay ecms to clients. as such the server itself does not contain any tv capture functionality. this functionality is contained within the client. The client has the actual tv feed and just requires the ecm feed from the server to open the channel.

Note that in some cases a server is both a server and a client in which case it distributes ecms and also allows the possibility of watching tv. a prime example of this is the dreambox. But this dreambox can only capture channels based on the amount of tuners that are inbuilt into it

3. Olvi2000

Olvi2000 Member

Goal is to make the service, where you can watch past programs at any time. Similar commercial services (e.g. tvkaista.fi and booxtv.fi ) is there, but I want mine.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

ok. but first you must be able to open the channels. to open the channels you need subscriptions to all the channels. this can be achieved either by local subscription or via clines.

so thats the encryption sorted. then you need to be able to pull the capture feed. this can only be done (and on this point i expressly mean via a satellite system) using tuners for every single transponder you are interested in.

this simply would not make sense. as such i see the only alternative as being a method of downloading files off an internet ftp server which you can then distribute to clients. in such a case encryption is irrelevant and file naming structures becomes irrelevant also