1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the only way to get labtop oem Win xp from the manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Veexe, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Veexe

Veexe Member

Hello,
    My Wifes notebook HDD died and I replacwed it out of warranty, Turns out toshiba charges $30 (for shipping and handleing) for a product they never shipped with the system to begin with. This is obviously the way things are. I need to know if i can obtain an OEM version that I can use her software key available rather then paying toshiba. For the time being I used my retail software and key on her system so she could work, I wont activate it because its in use on my desktop and need to have the original key used for her desktop.

we paid for the oem version, there should be a way to D/L the software so I can properly install her os. any tips would help. otherwise I am going to have to pay toshiba twice for the oem disks.

Thanks,
    Veexe

2. attar

attar Senior member

I installed Tiny XP on a PC when I didn't want to go re-endure the agony of the original installation.
    Of course it was utterly illegal and morally indefensible on my part.

3. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Nevermind

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You should be able to get a set of recovery discs from them for a nominal charge or not,does a local online auction site have any ? another option is if any local comp stores can reinstall for you most can using your key,then there's torrent sites perhaps a copy can be got there,however it will need to be for a toshiba computer,failing that use wga removal tool & install win 7 beta,it works great on my comp..lol..