1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camcorder no viewfinder help please

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Falklands, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Falklands

Falklands Member

I have bought a JVC camcorder model Everio GZEX215WEK. It has an LCD screen but no viewfinder as most entry level camcorders. I am used to a viewfinder especially in bright sun and I find I am getting my own reflection. I bought a surround hood but as it is a touch screen It causes problems and is not a perfect cure, I have seen on internet an extension hood/viewfinder but they appear to be camera sprcific and there is not one listed for my camera,also someone said the magnetic strip that holds the lens interferes with the autofocus. Anyone have any suggestions please

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Why did you buy it, if you use a viewfinder, and the video camera doesn't have one?

3. Falklands

Falklands Member

I ,like you , am a pensioner. All of our camera shops where I live have closed and Currys was the only place I could touch and feel a camcorder.This camera because it was reduced was in my price range and yet had many other features.I have a working camera which takes tapes and I can now only get these online like everything else so I decided to come into the 21st century.it was only when I came to use it that I realized how much I must have used my viewfinder. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

see this is why sometimes digital is your worst enemy!!!

See like you i had similar issues with camcorders until i just decided to purchase a hd digital camera because you can record video on several models nikon samsung and others in hd full hd and all you need is the camera and the 32 gig sd card and your done .

5. Falklands

Falklands Member

thanks I will look into this