1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove win 7 ram limit

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ZippyDSM, May 7, 2013.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I have managed to remove the cap but it seems the method I used dose not really work.

http://www.howorks.com/2011/02/24/how-to-remove-windows-7-32bit-4gb-memory-limit/

So is there a better method of unlocking it?

Mind you Windose is running better, programs are more stable but Firefox dose die out now and then but its better than the slow downs and laggy video issues I had on 2 64 bit installations....

2. dp70

dp70 Member

The applet from Germany, works fine for me. The documentation states some applications will not run with the patch. I stay permanently mad at Intel and use AMD. Therefore I am not subject to Intel poorly coded drivers.

Easiest cure is use the x 64, MS made both versions available with the Windows 7 retail upgrade disks. The lack of 64 bit drivers, demanded by x64 , is long abated.

I use this on 6 computers on my home network, and have not had problems. All 4 and 6 core AMD.

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I know but for my my last 2 64 bit installs of win 7 in the last 2 years have been more buggy than the win 7 32bit with the ram limit removed. 0_o

I'm running a PhenomX 4 AM3