1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing Humming Noise

Discussion in 'Audio' started by discboy32, Jun 12, 2013.

1. discboy32

discboy32 Member

I am using a ( Microsoft Life-Cam and software ) to record a video of one of my aging parents at night (They are currently in their end of life routine) and in case something happens during the evening hours we will have a video of what happened. Anyways I see that there is a terrible humming noise that needs to be edited out and was wondering what program I can use to do this (paid or free) does not matter as long as it works. Does anyone know what I can use to use to edit the video humming noise ? I have tried "VirtualDub" but I am unable to locate the plugin needed for the editing. (it uses a 3rd party plugin with very little instructions). Thx in advance

2. attar

attar Senior member

There's a VirtualDub forum here:
    http://forums.virtualdub.org/

You should get the details of the video using MediaInfo and post them.
    Unless your aim is to simply remove the audio track I don't think VirtualDub offers much in the audio editing line.
    Audacity can remove noise hum from audio tracks, if that's what you 're after.

For advanced audio help, post at Videohelp.

http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/33-Audio

3. Mez

Mez Active member

You could also try the stop the humming. Maybe something is not grounded. Maybe the volume is set too high maybe the mic is crap, ect...

4. discboy32

discboy32 Member

This is something I have checked. Even though the cams are old they still work great in two other programs with no difficulty.