1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Component to DVI question (Resolved)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by antonpk, Aug 24, 2013.

1. antonpk

antonpk Member

I was going to post this in the Xbox category, but this place seems more active, and it's more of a general video question anyway.

So, I am completely sick of playing my 360 games in standard definition. I can't afford to buy an HDTV or a newer Xbox with HDMI out. So instead I thought of a solution , but I'm not sure if it will work. My plan is to buy these three things: The component cables for my 360, a component coupler, and a component to dvi converter

Then I will be able to plug it into my computer monitor, which is more than capable of HD. I'm just not completely sure if it will work, and I don't want to buy a bunch of things I am never going to use. Can anyone tell me for sure if this is a viable solution?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

dvi doesn't carry an audio signal so no it won't work

3. antonpk

antonpk Member

That's alright, I actually ended up figuring out a way simpler solution. I had no idea they made VGA cables for Xbox 360, so I am just going to buy one of those instead.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

My xbox is loan at the mo so could'nt test out the rca vs vga,turns out vga is better however while i was over my mates place i saw the 360 for the first time going thru hdmi (my tv won't diplay the 360 thru hdmi for some odd reason)anyway the look was unbelievable it was even better than using component so yeah man here's hoping you get 360 with hdmi sometime in the future,mind you components pretty sweet too

5. antonpk

antonpk Member

Awesome, thanks for the link. I already ended up buying what I need from Amazon, but this website has some pretty cool stuff. I'll probably come back to it sometime to get one of those bootleg Pokemon catridges, haha.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Unless you know of others who've bought from that site i'd stay clear of it

unsubbed

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed.

8. antonpk

antonpk Member

Ah, okay haha.