AfterDawn: Tech news

Gamer wish list poll: PS4 tops list for holidays

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 23 Dec 2013 1:34 User comments (13)

Gamer wish list poll: PS4 tops list for holidays

According to Benzinga, gamers want the PlayStation 4 this holiday season, more so than any other console.
The poll asked three questions: "Which game system would you like to receive this Christmas?," "Which game system are you most likely to give as a gift?" and "What devices do you already own?" The company says the PS4 owned every question.

41 percent of respondents wanted the PS4 for the holidays, beating out the Microsoft Xbox One at 37.3 percent. 9.8 percent wanted a Nintendo Wii U, which is probably only due to its cheaper price tag. The Wii U was followed by the PS Vita at 5.9 percent and then the Nintendo 3DS at 3.9 percent.

As far as ownership went, the results were pretty even, with PS4 ownership highest at 19.6 percent, followed by the Wii U at 16.1 percent, and the Vita, 3DS and Xbox One all tied at 14.3 percent. Strangely, only a combined 17 percent of respondents owned an Xbox 360 or PS3, which doesn't make sense given that over 150 million of those consoles have been sold compared to just over 4 million combined PS4 and Xbox One.

See the polls here:

Tags: PS4
Previous Next  

13 user comments

123.12.2013 21:49

I only see a difference of 4-5% does that translate to that much in reality?

224.12.2013 21:34

The PS4 is sold out in Oz till FEBURARY 2014.

325.12.2013 12:07

I'll wait a bit before buying a first gen console. PS4 for me though.

425.12.2013 16:40

Interesting that the PS Vita is above the Nintendo 3DS for owning and wanting. And at least Wii U is above the handhelds. I wonder how much of "Other" would be Ouya or NVIDIA Shield?

526.12.2013 01:21

Perhaps the PS Vita sales are being boosted because of it's ability to act as a peripheral device for the PS4?

Can't it act as a remote controller and screen?

I own an OUYA I have no idea how well it's doing but there seem to be new games coming out on the device still.

626.12.2013 12:36

Stats are wrong i agree with comment by bortly on the source website comment's "yay doctored stats"...

there's no frak'n way ps3 or 360 can be behind percentage wise & who the hell is benzinga anyway never heard of em till now

726.12.2013 13:15

Originally posted by scorpNZ:

there's no frak'n way ps3 or 360 can be behind percentage wise & who the hell is benzinga anyway never heard of em till now
benzinga sounds like a buzz word could imagine someone jumping out of a cake or from behind a door and yelling benzinga.

826.12.2013 15:43

IMO on the PS Vita, could be that people do not own it yet or combined with use of PS4. I already own a 3DS, for example, and wouldn't answer that I'd want another one...

926.12.2013 20:01

Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
Originally posted by scorpNZ:

benzinga sounds like a buzz word could imagine someone jumping out of a cake or from behind a door and yelling benzinga.

Or like when they fake the statistics...

"BENZINGA!!!!

Got ya!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Dec 2013 @ 8:03

1026.12.2013 22:52

2 x lol's @ xboxdvl2 & jemborg

edit: yeah it's quite catchy "bezinga"

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Dec 2013 @ 10:53

1127.12.2013 09:47

I love that you all have PS4 hate....or Xbox nut swingers so because of all that the stats are fake. lol pathetic. if you are a gamer and not a brand lover. you'll clearly see the PS4 IS out selling the Xbox this time around. it happens. but sadly the PS4 is such a rip-off with not even half the functionality and features as the PS3. And this time around the Xbox has a BD drive and DNLA media streaming....and somehow the PS4 is winning. It's weird...i know. but the stats are not fake.

1227.12.2013 19:26

no we're hating on the poll as it's seriously flawed it's a poll after all.
it specifically asks what consoles do you own,there's only 2mill ps4's sold how the frak does that make it 20% compared to 150mill ps3's & 360's combined even if you cut it in half for stuffed consoles surely there's somthing wrong wit that poll the writer even states it in the last paragraph

1328.12.2013 05:48

Originally posted by jookycola:
I love that you all have PS4 hate.... etc.
Eh? Where?

I think you aught to re-read things. As scorpNZ says, it's only the ownership numbers of PS3's and X360s that are being disputed. No-one gives a toss about which console is ahead, or why... or whether it deserves to be.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive