AfterDawn: Tech news

Microsoft offering $100 off Xbox One if you trade in working PS3, slim Xbox 360

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 30 Jan 2014 7:15 User comments (7)

Microsoft offering $100 off Xbox One if you trade in working PS3, slim Xbox 360 Microsoft has quietly started a promotion to bring over PS3 users to the next-gen Xbox One.
If you bring in a working Sony PlayStation 3, or an existing Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E to a Microsoft Store, you will receive $100 Store Credit to be used towards the purchase of an Xbox One.

Reads the ad:

Trade up and get your hands on the new Xbox One. Welcome to a new generation of games and entertainment. Where games push the boundaries of realism. And television obeys your every command. Where listening to music while playing a game is a snap. And you can jump from TV to movies to music to a game in an instant. Where your experience is custom tailored to you. And the entertainment you love is all in one place. Welcome to the all-in-one, Xbox One.

For a limited time, bring in your PS3, Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E and receive $100 of Microsoft retail store credit.

The deal is good through March 14th.

Previous Next  

7 user comments

130.1.2014 19:42

not in a hundred years

230.1.2014 19:48

Ha. Trade in a working console for an upgrade and the best you get is just $100 off. Frack that. The console is worth more than $100.

330.1.2014 20:39

um, i don't think so!i got 3 fully modded systems and a ton of games! :) all of the best ps3, ps3 , xbox360, wii games!

431.1.2014 12:44

Maybe my lousy xbox 360. Not my PS3 though.

531.1.2014 14:23

This is kinda a slap in the face! MS so desperate to play catchup with this crappy system (compared to PS4) that they are only willing to put a value of 100 bucks on a PS3????

Not in a hundred years for me too!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 Jan 2014 @ 2:23

631.1.2014 18:34

I heard that Sony is offering a similar deal, where you keep your PS3 and get a PS4 for the same price!

731.1.2014 19:21

really.. i just cant believe microsoft actually thinks anyone is DUMB enough to do this!! lol

im not even gonna ever BUY an xbox one. I love my ps3 and will be getting a ps4. just because the xbox one has a camera oooooo. once it starts to detect each finger movement, and also not hold my hands out for hours on end while i want to play online racing games,,camera part is just a joke. fun for bowling but thats ABOUT it. lol

thanks but KISS MY ASS i will stick with sony.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
2 user comments
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive