1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS Cant find _DS_menu.Dat

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by vipertongn, Feb 20, 2014.

1. vipertongn

vipertongn Newbie

Ok This is what Ive done

r4_v1.18_kernel downloaded this kernal
    I formatted my microsd [sandisk 2gb NOT sdhc] to Fat32
    I extracted the kernel zip file and transferred the files over to the sd card
    the _DS_menu.Dat is in the ROOT of the sd card
    The R4 is a regular ndsl/nds version.

I am at a loss. it says the ds ant find the menu dat

2. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

3. vipertongn

vipertongn Newbie

its this one. It did not have a website label on it. It's the one with a lot of dots and it says revolution for ds. It does work, my microsd that i used previously got burned out by an old microsd reader. My other one is an offbrand sd card from taiwan that I use to use for my phone. Heres also a screenshot of my window of how I pasted the Firmware. Someone suggested wood but anyways I tried all the firmwares and I made sure to leave the menu dat file in the sd root. I can't leave a pic, but the r4 is the 4th image from the top on the left column

i would copy itover looking like this in the sd.

/system folder
    _DS_MENU.DAT
    _DS_MSHL.NDS

just as is, i'd try to use the r4 and then it just says it can't find the ds menu when it's there

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  4. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

I would suggest perhaps trying another microSD card. I know you already said one was dead. Or re-format the one that is working. Also, you can / should try the wood r4 firmware, as it will offer up MUCH better game compatibility for the original R4 cards. You can find it on the bottom of the page. It says wood r4 1.68 but it is actually 1.62

http://www.r43ds.org/pages/R4-3DS-Firmware.html

Hope that helps.

PS: You probably already know, but all of firmware files should be in the ROOT of the microSD. So if you have, say the following file structure:

[RPG] (this would be a folder)
    _DS_MENU.DAT
    _DS_MSHL.NDS

Then copy it all is at is, right to the root of the microSD.