1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the fall of usenet

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by phate316, Mar 16, 2014.

1. phate316

phate316 Member

hail to the king

the king is dead

usenet in its entirety is about to fall off the face of the earth

finally the anti piracy groups who plagued us with take down notices and cease and desist notices have found usenet and all nzb sites flaw

all the servers are full of crap url codec posts, al the nzb sites rely on sabnzb or sick beard cutting down on the need for moderators and everything is filling up with fake posts

and i can forsee that it wont be long before peer to peer is completely swamped as well,

dark days are coming

2. attar

attar Senior member

Don't give up.
    I can make decent copies of protected disks using a screen recorder - a damn sight better than cams made with people coughing, farting and yakking on cell phones.
    And who needs peer to peer;the postal service still functions and a cheapo memory stick takes up a lot less space than bundles of those 5.25 'flipper' disks we used to mail around North America.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

i'd pay to see anti piracy groups have a go at swamping them both,just how many links would they need to provide to out do what gets posted daily by trusted sources,seems to me things are on the up n' up,i very seldom get false files then again i go to specific websites that specialize in certain content to get the torrent links tho that's not always possible

4. sweller

sweller Member

I ran across this thread while trying to determine if this is true:

1) A program airs on the host network (I'll use Face Off on SyFy as an example).
    2) SyFy then makes the program available for viewing on their website.
    3) We should then be free to download the program *for personal use*, and it does not constitute piracy or copyright infringement.

This is just my opinion, but I'm looking for legal rulings that support my opinion.