1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPC as default player

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Bullmiller, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Bullmiller

Bullmiller Newbie

Recently I updated both bit versions of my MPC-HC. Prior to the update however, when I wanted to watch a video I right clicked on the selected video file and selected OPEN WITH and selected MPC-HC from my list of players or selected CHOOSE DEFAULT PROGRAMS. This was what happened most of the time. Occasionally if it did not come up with MPC-HC I selected from within CHOOSE DEFAULT PROGRAMS, BROWSE button and found MPC-HC and selected it and then proceeded to watch the video.

However since updating MPC-HC the above process's do not work. I am unable to BROWSE and select MPC-HC as a DEFAULT PLAYER.

The only way I can select MPC-HC is to find the .exe file or my desk shortcut and open MPC and then find the video.

This is a real pain and hoped that someone might have a fix please !!!!!!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Something to try
    1-go back to settings & select all the extensions you want mpc to be default for so avi,mp3 etc,etc then reselect the setting to use mpc as default.

2-If that was useless try uninstalling mpc,reboot & run ccleaner,if your able;check regedit for any left over entries including any folder in programs list in C,try reinstalling again

that's about all i can come up with; tho i use vlc as default & anytime i update it,i must reset all preferences & settings as apparently sometimes an update can corrupt them ? & vlc won't work correctly,seems strange tho klite offers quick upgrade function,it could also be a bad update you got or perhaps a buggy version they didn't know about