1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video player with some sort of filter to change the color of subtitles durring plackback of dvd disc

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by grimmyr13, May 14, 2014.

1. grimmyr13

grimmyr13 Newbie

Trying to find a way to change color of shown subtitles when viewing dvds on computer. Like a video player that can do this in its options/settings?

I.E watching dvd with subtitles. Its ugly yellow color. Want to change to white WITHOUT having to rip the dvd and extract the subs and change there. Im looking for a way to change the color durring stream of video. Like a filter option for the playback.

I have an question setup and was suggested that i post my questtion here -
    afterdawn site /tech_support/answer.cfm/trying_to_find_a_way_to_change_color_of_shown_subtitles_when_viewing_dvds_on_computer_like_a_video_player_that_can_do_this_in_its_options_settings

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Only way I know is to have a separate subtitle.srt file and open the disk in MPC; you now have the option to load the external subs (think the default colours are white with black outline, but that can be changed in the option menu:you can't override the DVD's subtitle colours though).
    Only other way is as you say, rip it.

Ask the hotshots at VideoHelp.

http://forum.videohelp.com/

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  3. grimmyr13

grimmyr13 Newbie

Thank you. I will ask them. What you mentioned is a viable option.