AfterDawn: Tech news

Leaked specs for Samsung Galaxy Mega sequel emerge

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 04 Jul 2014 2:18 User comments (6)

Leaked specs for Samsung Galaxy Mega sequel emerge

Thanks to a new report, it looks like we have a full spec sheet for the yet unannounced Galaxy Mega 2 (SM-G7508).
The specs come via the GFXBench database, which also highlights the 3D graphic abilities of the device.

Originally marketed as a mid-range device with a massive screen, the original Mega was somewhat popular due to its 6.3-inch (practically a tablet) sized display. The new Mega 2 will have a smaller 5.9-inch device with 720p resolution, but be powered by Qualcomm's new 64-bit Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor at 1.2GHz and 2GB RAM. Graphics are powered by an Adreno 306 GPU. There is only 8GB internal storage, but there is likely a MicroSD slot allowing for expansion.

The device will also ship with Android 4.4.3 KitKat, use the Samsung Touchwiz UI, and should be upgradeable to Android L in the future.

Notably, the cameras are listed as 12MP and 4.7MP for the front-facing camera, a large upgrade from the standard 2MP shooters that do not much more than allow video chatting.

Source:
GFXBench

Previous Next  

6 user comments

14.7.2014 16:00

This thing is ridiculous and anyone in possession of one should be laughed at publicly and openly.

25.7.2014 10:28

I'm finished with Samsung ! Expensive crap like Apple. LG is up and coming. I have one of their $30 Walmart Straight Talk Phones that can't be beat and it has Kitcat !

35.7.2014 23:24

Originally posted by hearme0:
This thing is ridiculous and anyone in possession of one should be laughed at publicly and openly.
What, exactly, is wrong with it?

46.7.2014 00:10

There's nothing wrong with a big phone except that the battery goes by by very fast. I owned the I717 Note and after the Jelly Bean upgrade the phone got so slow that it became unusable. Samsungs answer was to shut the phone off and remove the battery for 30 seconds. I got tired of doing that everyday and they refused to update the software. So screw them. They lost me as a customer.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Jul 2014 @ 12:11

56.7.2014 00:32

That would lose me too.

My mother-in-law seems happy enough with her larger sized Sammy phone.

69.7.2014 23:59

Originally posted by ronhondo:
I'm finished with Samsung ! Expensive crap like Apple. LG is up and coming. I have one of their $30 Walmart Straight Talk Phones that can't be beat and it has Kitcat !
Okay. I'll bite. Why can your str8 talk not be beat?

Why are you saying apple is expensive? Iphone 5S is 77 bucks on contract through costco. There were phones in early 2000 that cost more. I not an apple fan, never have been but there has to be other reasons not to like something other than due to price.

That is so cliche.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Jul 2014 @ 12:00

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive