AfterDawn: Tech news

James Franco, Seth Rogen try to make light of destructive Sony Pictures security breach with SNL monologue

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 08 Dec 2014 12:38 User comments (3)

James Franco, Seth Rogen try to make light of destructive Sony Pictures security breach with SNL monologue

James Franco was the host of this week's 'Saturday Night Live' sketch show, and the actor tried to make light of the recent Sony Pictures hack in which the entire company's network was taken down and terabytes of data was stolen including contracts, social security numbers, addresses, internal passwords and full-length screeners of movies like 'Annie' and 'Fury.'
Joking, Franco said: "Something pretty crazy happened this week. I have this movie called 'The Interview' coming out at Sony and this week Sony Studios got all their computers hacked. This is true. These hackers have leaked real personal information about everybody that works at Sony. Social security numbers, emails, and I know eventually they're going to start leaking out stuff about me. So before you hear it from someone else, I thought it would be better if you hear it from me."

"Soon you'll know that my email is CuterThanDaveFranco@AOL.com. My password is LittleJamesyCutiePie -- and this is all just a real violation of my personal life."

'Interview' co-star Seth Rogen then joined Franco and made a few more jokes. As part of the leaked documents, the world learned that Rogen was paid $8.5 million for the movie, and Franco was paid $6.5 million. The film is about two journalists who are recruited by the CIA to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jung-un. North Korea publicly denounced the film.

Previous Next  

3 user comments

18.12.2014 12:42

SNL isn't funny anymore.

But I'm 41 and raised in the days of when it was funny.

29.12.2014 15:21

Originally posted by hearme0:
SNL isn't funny anymore.

But I'm 41 and raised in the days of when it was funny.
Yeah, SNL has had its ups and downs. Today I still fast-forward through most of it. But last Saturday did have some pretty good skits, especially the short films.

On any show, I also think everybody remembers the few really good bits and forgets all the crap. All we remember is only the good stuff and think that's how the whole show was.

I'm even older than you, and I remember SNL from the very beginning. Even today to me the original cast is still the best. But I've gone back and looked at some of those original shows and there's a lot of crap there.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Dec 2014 @ 3:22

39.12.2014 15:48

Franco and Rogen got paid up-front for their work on that film a long time ago, and anything they can do now that pumps up interest among potential fans to actually go see it in a theater upon release would enhance their standing for future projects with Sony (and just maybe bump up any residual payments their agents may have negotiated).

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive