AfterDawn: Tech news

μTorrent now available ad-free for $4.95 a year

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 13 Feb 2016 5:46 User comments (9)

μTorrent now available ad-free for $4.95 a year

BitTorrent has introduced a new subscription tier for their popular μTorrent client.
For $4.95 per year, you can have an ad-free version of the software, an option that previously only came included in the μTorrent Pro client for $19.99 per year.

Says BitTorrent: "As reported in this forum previously, we've been busy experimenting with new ways to improve μTorrent for our users while financially supporting the amazing team that works every day to make μTorrent free for millions of people around the world."

If ad-free is not enough for you, you can still upgrade to Pro which includes built-in Internet security and anti-malware, premium customer support, the ability to stream torrents instantly, and a built-in file converter.

Source:
BitTorrent

Previous Next  

9 user comments

113.2.2016 21:42

I still don't understand why they have both BitTorrent and μTorrent.

214.2.2016 09:21

Originally posted by xnonsuchx:
I still don't understand why they have both BitTorrent and μTorrent.
this may address your inquiry

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-diffe...re-and-uTorrent

314.2.2016 17:15

Paying for this is tantamount to a slap in the face!

Not only is the current version of Utorrent debilitatingly riddled with extras and unknowns and likely insecurities too, but it operates EXACTLY THE SAME as the version I use 2.2.1

For those bitching about using "an old program", you have no argument as it doesn't always apply to every situation where one needs to stay current. Utorrent is merely a protocol "slave" client. Nothing more, nothing less.

415.2.2016 07:56

Why would one use such sites like these anyway? Seems pointless.

515.2.2016 14:35

Now why would I pay for uTorrent??? With a few specific tweaks, I can make free utorrent look like the paid version.

615.2.2016 21:41

Originally posted by hearme0:

Not only is the current version of Utorrent debilitatingly riddled with extras and unknowns and likely insecurities too, but it operates EXACTLY THE SAME as the version I use 2.2.1

For those bitching about using "an old program", you have no argument as it doesn't always apply to every situation where one needs to stay current. Utorrent is merely a protocol "slave" client. Nothing more, nothing less.
I still have 1.6 :)

716.2.2016 19:12

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by hearme0:

I still have 1.6 :)

ROCK ON!

I did try that one few months back but found the 2.2.1 is tiny bit more feature-rich. No ads what-so-ever. Give a try. Seems that torrents ran a bit quicker too...noticeably quicker I should say.

817.2.2016 18:54

Think it was pc world that had an article of alternative torrent clients.Deleted utorrent after using it for many years (like you'se i got pissed off with the crap & i didn't like using an outdated version) & switched to qbittorent from github (or sourceforge).Give it whirl

https://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/#screenshots

918.2.2016 04:08

Again, what is the point of all this. Such wasted energy. Just buy the products and then sell them off when you're tired with it. Let a friend or two borrow it, if they like it, they will buy it and so on and so forth.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive