1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 The Game and Tomb Raider - Legends

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by KRollie, Apr 16, 2006.

1. face123

face123 Regular member

Also and is 24 the game two discs? because i bought it used and they gave me 0ne disc so i dont know if i should of got two discs or not.

2. Samahnub

Samahnub Member

Disc 2 in the 24: The Game box is in fact the first disc of the Season 3 DVD box set (iirc).
    I haven't tried Tomb Raider on PS2 since I bought it for Xbox (and am running from the hard drive there).

Like many of you I got stuck at the interrogation level in 24 and was rather confused as to what was happening...
    My last resort was to try booting off the disc, and lo and behold, it worked.
    I ripped it to the hard drive (40gb) using the retail version of HDAdvance 3.0 which as mentioned here reported a size of 2gb, however using DVD Decrypter I ripped it to an ISO file of approx 3gb. Although I could theoretically continue past the first interrogation scene, I don't know if there are any more in the rest of the game (don't spoil it for me please). :)
    Thus, I'm going to try dumping the ISO straight to the drive using WinHIIP. I'll let you know how I go.

3. face123

face123 Regular member

I officialy played and beat both of the games 24 the game and tomb raider legend. Tomb raider legend worked fine for me and 24 the game worked exept for the innterigation level which i just played on the disc itself and not hdadvance but other then that it worked fine on the hdadvance.

4. pirkster

pirkster Member

OK - I have confirmed that there IS indeed, a lockup issue with the PDA on the first level using HD Loader.

The problem went away after I got to the Japan missions.

So a warning to all hdloader/advance people: you CAN lock up your game if you use the PDA (select button) during gameplay before you get to the Japan missions.

For the folks that haven't had a problem - lucky for you. You just didn't use the PDA before Japan. The problem is very real and happens as described above.

5. face123

face123 Regular member

I find the PDA unuseful and there is no point of using it in the first place.

6. pirkster

pirkster Member

I agree with you. I haven't found it useful in the game, either. But if you press that button by accident, you can have a problem.

I have a bad habit of hitting the select key instead of start when trying to access the save menu.

Prolly from playing too much Madden - select will give you a timeout.

7. face123

face123 Regular member

Then put tape over the select button that way when you press select by accident you wont because its covered then you can say ahh stupid me good thing i listened to that person on the internet.

8. pirkster

pirkster Member

I have new info:

This locked up on me in the Russian level (snow base) as well. I don't actually use the PDA, I just tried it to see if it would lock up - and it did. So it's likely the PDA lockup issue happens throughout the game in various places.

Just letting folks know so they can avoid it happening to them, too.