1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.3 to 3.4 upgrade

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by annemeri, Feb 25, 2009.

1. annemeri

annemeri Guest

Of course we just did the twilight hack on 3.3, and once we hooked up to the internet it upgraded to 3.4. Is this a problem? Or what do we need to do?
    Also, since we are not knowing what we are doing, now that this part is done, is there any step by steps on what we can do now with the hack. As in how to get our games, download games, ect.?
    Thanks for your help.

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Ok... A little sparse on info there. Did you just copy the twilight hack file to the wii or did you use it to install the homebrew channel, cIOS and backup launcher before updating? Basically, I'm asking if you followed all the steps in the guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/735325 If you did all that then you're fine with the update.

But we cant really help you find backup games here. There are guides on how to copy games you have to backups, and guides on how to burn games. But for actually finding and downloading games you're pretty much on your own.

I can say though that google is your friend, and you're going to want to learn about bittorrent as well.

3. annemeri

annemeri Guest

As far as we know the homebrew channel is installed, the next thing we had read was we needed a homebrew browser which is installed.The homebrew browser runs off the SD card when you click start on the homebrew channel.when you click on the homebrew browser it takes you to where there are games (wads) to download, we downloaded the gecco and the pacman, but pac man does not play. Just a blank screen. Is that because we do not have a wad manager? The WiiGator_Backup_Launcher_0.3_gamma is that already in the homebrew channel someplace? It seems everything is running off the SD card. When you go to the sd card and see what is on there, there is no channels that come up. The only new channel we have is in the wii menu and it is homebrew. Nothing new comes up other that the weather channel, ect. The originak channels.

Annemeri

4. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Alright, lets start at the beginning here.

You have the homebrew channel installed. Thats good, and thats the only new channel that should appear on the main menu.

The homebrew browser is a program that lets you download homebrew applications directly to the SD card. These are not wads or channels. They are homebrew apps. Once you download them they appear in the homebrew channel, not on the main wii menu or in the SD card under wii data management. I'm not sure why the pac-man game wont play, I've never tried it myself. But it has nothing to do with you not having a wad manager. The homebrew browser, as handy as it can be, is not necessary for playing backup games.

Wiigator is not included with the homebrew channel unless you downloaded them together, as they are in the pack you can download from the link I gave you. If you dont have wiigator on your homebrew channel when you start it then you didnt work from that guide. Download that pack and copy the included files to your SD card. Then follow the parts of the guide on the firmware 3.4 fix and the cIOS installer. Once you've done all that, wiigator will be listed on your homebrew channel and you'll be able to play backup games.

5. annemeri

annemeri Guest

Ok Obviously I did not use your step by step guide because when we started this we just used whatever one we had found first. (Wish we had yours now, because it took us days to figure out t where we are now).So we have no idea what to do now, do we have to take this all off to get the wii gator on it? if we have to take off the homebrew channel, ect how do we get it off and start over? Just don't know what to do know. or is there a way to add the wii gator on now? I am lost.lol

Annemeri

6. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

You dont have to remove anything, Just skip the part of the guide that you've already done, namely: installing the homebrew channel.

Just copy the files from the pack included with that guide to your SD card. Setting them up how the guide shows. Then follow the guide to install the IOS16 and the cIOS. Once you've done that, wiigator will be on your homebrew channel menu and you'll be able to play backup games.