1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.3 twilight hack issues

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by parley, Apr 12, 2009.

1. parley

parley Member

hi guys, i have installed hombrew on my wii( which already had 3.3 firmware) via the 3.3 twilight hack, it plays some games colour but others black and white, eg. manhunt 2 and resident evil 4, do these require the firmware and hack to be 3.4 to play in colour? if so how do i update to 3.4 without going to 4.0, i have looked at other threads but i don't have sonic and the black knight, is there another way to do it? apologies if this has already been covered, i have looked but as a newb, i am looking for a simple explanation, and wasn't 100% sure of how to do it reading some posts.
    many thanks in advance.

2. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

I was asking the same questions as you a couple of days ago and i only got one answer. According to Penguin he said you can get 3.4 with MadWorld or Sonic & The Black Knight. You can always rent the game for around 5 bucks at your local video game store.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The black and white is a region issue not firmware issue.

More then likely you have a USA Wii and the game is PAL.

You need to force the game to NTSC.

I can't tell you how to do this since you haven't given specific enough info on how you are booting the backup games.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  4. parley

parley Member

would the region issue not affect all games, the games that play in colour are PAL as well.I boot my back ups from wigattor 0.3 gamma back up launcher, how do you tell if the wii is USA or UK model.
    many thanks for your advice guys already.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Some PAL games might boot with color automatically if they use 60hz. But the ones that are booting black and white probably are using 50hz so you need to force NTSC.

So go into the WiiGator settings and force NTSC when booting the Black and White games (if you have an autoboot version of WiiGator you need to press 1 when booting the game to get to the settings menu).

To find out what region your counsel is in look at your firmware version under Wii Settings.

If it has a U at the end of the version number then it is from USA.

If it has a E at the end of the version number then it is from Europe.

If it has a J at the end of the version number then it is from Japan.

If it has a K at the end of the version number then it is from Korea.

6. parley

parley Member

thanks for the help guys, one last question..will a downloaded copy of sonic and the black knight prompt for the update to 3.4. many thanks again.

7. whacker

whacker Member

yes, unless the update has been removed (which seems to happen frequently so check the release notes).

8. parley

parley Member

thanks whacker

9. parley

parley Member

hi guys, just an add on to this thread,if i put sonic and the black knight into a wii with firmware 3.1, 3.2,3.3 and it prompts me to upgrade firmware, will it update to 3.4 or will it go straight to 4.0.? i am planning on using my 3.3 or 3.4 hack on a 3.1 wii, if the above method will not work, what is the best way to upgrade the 3.1 firmwareto either 3.3 or 3.4.
    many thanks in advance.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It will only update to the firmware on the game disc. It will not go to 4.0 if 3.4 firmware is the update on the game disc.

11. parley

parley Member

thanks for your helplarry, one more dumbass question, if a friends wii is on 3.1 firmware, what is the best way to upgrade to 3.3 or 3.4 firmware, without using madworld or SATBK
    many thanks