1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(3.3u) ios downgrader error = ( ret= -116)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by dead2hill, Jan 4, 2009.

1. dead2hill

dead2hill Member

ive managed to put homebrew on, ive even played with a couple of emu's
    but when i get to downgrading part i keep getting the error error = (ret= -116). i have tried different ways of installing cios_fix.wad and i have followed TUT to the T. i am completely lost since i cant get this to move any further. i have looked through forums looking for the same problem and have found nothing. i have found one similar but it was with the cios downgrader where he got a error, but he solved and it was a file error. i have checked, and double checked all files and methods and continue to recieve this error.

please, im begging, someone help!

2. drakoniss

drakoniss Regular member

could be many things that cause this. First check your SD card and try other sd cards. 2nd it could be that your WAD files are damaged. If none of the latter is true then try to install the latest wads. You could be using older versions of the things people post online. 3.3u isnt difficult to downgrade.

3. Nels419

Nels419 Member

Are you hooked up to the internet?

4. dead2hill

dead2hill Member

first of all thanx for the fast response.

no the wii is not hooked to the net. i live in the country and have to use some sprint usb net deal... pretty slow.so...

ive tried other sd cards some results, but i have not tried different wad files, in fact thats what im looking for right now, if some one could link me i would appreciate it. i will update if i find some if no one has replied before then,

again i thank you for the replies!

-dEaD

5. dead2hill

dead2hill Member

ok, well ima idiot, i read through readme and it looks like i HAVE to be hooked up to the net.... however i dont know how i would accomplish this, i have a novetell sprint usb wireless net, odd but i have to have software to run the program almost like dial up, im faster than dial up but not by much, i was wonderin, actually hoping, since i have homebrew if there was a way i can connect it to the wii some how, if anyone has a clue how to get me there i could use the help!