1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 of my torrents have seeds but not downloading?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by caynick, Feb 25, 2008.

1. caynick

caynick Member

hi all

i've been pretty much stress free using azureus for the past 2 years but something is happening to my current batch of torrents that i dont understand.

i have 4 at the moment - all with 3+ seeds connected & lots on swarm...but if theres any movement its only uploading?

any help appreciated

nick

2. xsketchx

xsketchx Member

Hi, that's down to the Torrent and the Seeds, not really Azures itself - Basically, I download Torrents usually with 1000+ seeds, and I get connected to atleast that many... However, when it's below 100 and all the seeds and leeches are really slow, then you won't get much of a look in. Consider from downloading somewhere else, find a good private tracker, and get a good ratio. Then you might get somewhere

Also, consider switching to Utorrent, I have no reason, I just like it more than Azures and I use it lol

Jamie

3. varnull

varnull Guest

Don't change your torrent app to a macrovision owned thing..

In azureus check you have encryption turned on. Most if not all of us these days are using it on public trackers. If they still don't seem to start try stopping them completely for an hour or so.. A lot of so called seeders are cheating and upping at a couple of bits per second.. i.e. really slow.

I get good speeds on most torents with 5+ seeds, unless it's got anything to do with torrenz.xxx listed in the tracker details.. Those I avoid because they traffic shape real bad. Try some pr0n with a reasonable number of seeds.. 5-30 as a test. That's usually the fastest kind of torrent there is on the public trackers.. nobody wants to hang around, so they give good up speed to max out the down speed ;)

4. xsketchx

xsketchx Member

It's a good point about encryption, I presumed you already had it turned on since it's been working fine before - If your ISP have just started Basic Packet Examination, then encryption should bypass this unless there using the more expensive piece of software which fully examines it

The Utorrent was just a joke, so don't take it seriously, but I already mentioned it's probably the torrent, and the tracker goes without saying as it's connected to the torrent! So you've really just gone over what I've said twice, but W.E

But like I said, consider downloading from somewhere else, and add a private tracker to your downloads, it makes life much easier - And PR0N torrents for my connection isn't the fastest, a highly seeded public one is! I get average speeds of about 300-400kB/s, but with a decently seeded one off TPB, I get about double that - I mean downloading full 800mb movies here in under a couple of hours...

I once downloaded 32GB of games of a Private Tracker in 6 days... That's fcuking amazingly fast - So just look around, some days will be good, some will be bad, it also depends on how many other people are connected to your ISP at the time of download