1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 on Projection HDTV?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Lukester, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Lukester

Lukester Member

Do you think you can hook the 360 up to a HDTV projection T.V. My PS2 said not to...65" T.V. and cant play cuz its projection

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I hooked up my xbox to my Sony 65" HDTV and it worked fine. I felt like I was high for a minute. I'm hoping the 360 would not degrade any capabilities.

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Why would it degrade capabilities? As long as you have it hooked up right into the HD component connection, all games will be at least 720p. Should be a big improvement although game developers still need to take advantage of the superior hardware.

4. Lukester

Lukester Member

I know you can hook it up but...SHOULD you hook it up?...Isnt there a chance of leaving permanent shadows on a Projection T.V. compared to ,say an LCD or Plasma?

5. ZpYkE

ZpYkE Guest

i have a plasma screen, will the 360 leave burns on it?? =S

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@Bohefus[/bold]

That is what I was referring to when I was talking about the capabilities. Some TVs with the current xbox leave the print after a while. I'm hoping that is fixed (if possible) for all TV types. If not, the xbox will have maintained status quo on the next generation, not good. Especially with the way projection tv's and plasma screen have evolved.

7. ZpYkE

ZpYkE Guest

i hope it doesnt, cus its the only tv i have in my room, if not i have to give it to my lil sisters and play on a regular 21"

8. furydog

furydog Member

I saw three t.v. types rated by the xbox 360 magazine and the Dlp rear projection t.v.'s were given a 9 out 10 and the LCD t.v.'s were given an 8 out of 10 mainly due to the price tag, and plasmas received the worst score 6 out of 10 because of the burn in factor.

9. cdub998

cdub998 Member

Plasma and CRT rear projections can burn in while playing games. Only because of static images though and only if you play for a long time. Some of the new games are having the health meters go away when not in use (IE God of war), this will help a lot. It is not something to worry and obsess about but something to take into consideration. I have a RP CRT that I play my PS2 on and it is fine. Just don't play for 2 hours at a time or leave the game paused and you will be fine.

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@cdub998
    Some good info but that's exactly what gamers don't want...to be limited in gameplay. At least I know I don't. Just my 2 cents.

11. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

LOL, im startin to think that im lucky i only have a standard 24" tv.

I realy hope that this whole burning mess isnt much of a problem..., is there a certain type of tv that can do HD with no burn issues?

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Logik666
    Long time no see...

I have a 32in JVC HDTV I'Art for gaming. I think it's more the projection and some plasmas that have the issue.

13. Lukester

Lukester Member

Quote:I have a RP CRT that I play my PS2 on and it is fine.

Thats what I like to here...I never wanted to take a chance with my PS2,but I really want to see the 360 on HDTV( Thats the point in buying one!)

14. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Why is gaming on these kinds of T.Vs have a burning problem, i can see how having a certain image sit on the screen for too long could be a problem but not gaming in general.?

I really wanted to get a plasma, but not if the X360 might f*ck it up!

15. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

LCDs are the only TVs without Burn In. Ijust got a 55 inch Sony from BestBuy and its great. Sony is the only brand I recommend for gaming with LCD tvs though because u want a namebrand TV due to response times and ghosting so go with a Sony LCD its recommeneded by MS over Plasma and Projection. I spent about 3200 bcks on tv and stand with 4 yr warranty. They do have a 50 inch which runs 2400 and imnot sure what the42 inch runs.

16. gallagher

gallagher Regular member

What is supposed to be better? 1080i or 720p? I was reading how the two are competing with each other. I think I read that the PS3 is going to require 1080i and Xbox 360 720p. Also, the network and cable stations are diving over the two as far as broadcast.

17. furydog

furydog Member

720p would be better for playing the 360 because that is the native resolution. I think you mean 1080p and 720p because most t.v.'s that are 720p can go to 1080i. The ps3 is going to be 1080p which is better but by how much I don't know because there is nothing that I have heard of that has native resolution of 1080p. I have only found five t.v.s that are 1080p and they are all over $3,000.