1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dakka

dakka Member

The softmod download pack link is down mate. Can you please re-up it thanks

2. dakka

dakka Member

Never mind the mirror one worked this time Thanks a lot larrylje +Karma

3. johnyb62

johnyb62 Member

Can I make a suggestion? You mention backing up the nand, but if the bootmii only installs as IOS then without preloader the backup is useless. Why not suggest adding preloader in this case? Just a thought...
    Top guide as per usual...

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Even if you only can install Bootmii as an IOS you should still install it and back up your NAND. If you find the right person out there they can restore your NAND with a Programmer if the need ever arises.

If someone wants Preloader on there system then they can figure out how to do it themselves. The NAND backup is what is important.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. Tristero

Tristero Member

You make the best guides available on the internet for the Wii! I'm just a lurker in the forums, but your guides have helped me several times in the past, so I registered just to thank you for the hard work you've done.

Your writing style has excellent clarity ... something crucial when explaining all these detailed processes. Big ups!

6. resboard

resboard Member

when i'm in cios38_rev14 i get an error saying

installing custom ios, please wait....
    >>install ERROR! (ret = -2011)

Since this fails i am unable to finish the last step by running the wad manager. how do i fix this? what is the problem?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Follow the Downgrade IOS15/PATCH IOS36/RESTORE IOS15 part of the guide again. Make sure it installs properly and you do not get an error.

8. resboard

resboard Member

I finally got it everything done. everything completed ok. This is my first time doing this so i'm kinda confused by a lot of it. I installed dvdx and tried to run wiigator Geeko 1.06. But when i try to load a game it don't work..... If anyone is willing to help me get this going i'll pay $10 via paypal

9. Weela

Weela Member

I ran NUS Downloader v1.2 and with some files, when the application finished downloading them and started writting them to the HDD as Wad, a message appeared next to some of the files and it said "(Safe Mismatch)" like this:

NUS Download Finished.
    Cert wrote (0x40)
    Ticket wrote (0xa40)
    TMD wrote (0xd00)
    00000000 wrote (0xf40)
    00000001 wrote (0xf80) (Safe Mismatch)
    WAD Created: IOS15-64-v257.wad

Is it normal or should I try again until I don't get that message anymore?
    Thanks.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Please don't ask how to run stuff if it has nothing to do with the guide. No where does it say to install wiigator or Geeko 1.06 in this guide.

@Weela

I would assume this is normal since it does it for me also. But the softmod worked perfectly fine.

11. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

hi larry i have sucessfull soft modded several of my friends wii's with your guide but i am now having so difficulty whith this new guide, if have retried several times with no sucess. what i have is a new wii model(lu327), i sucessfull updated to ver 4.1u...but when i get to the first steps //it says
    cannot open file sd:/ios15-64-v266.wad
    could not open sd:/ ios15-64-v266.wad.out.wad

now when i transfer those files to my sd card they dont look like your picture they look a folder (0000000100000026v3610) with that as a discription, maybe i am trying to open the folders with the wrong program.

12. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

it also says at the bottom
    error reading ios into memory
    downgrade failed

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

People need to read the guide more carefully. Do I say to transfer the folders to the SD card root? No I said to transfer the wad file inside each folder to the SD card.

14. bhamballe

bhamballe Member

First of all, thanks very much for this guide! I used the old guide to softmod my own Wii and everything worked great. I'm working on a friends this time and we got down to the "IOS60Patched and NeoGamma R6" part. When we went to select the IOS version to use there is only IOS60, IOS61 and IOS254 to choose from. Did we do something wrong here? The firmware is 4.1U. Thanks.

15. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

nayone else having trouble find the cmios mio v8 game cube link googleing it i tried for the past 1hr and cant find the down load on rapid share or mega upload all that is there is limewire torrents and they are linking to anything my limewire just searches and searches cant find any hosts.

16. Karmkard

Karmkard Member

Larry Thank you so much for your excellent very well written guides!!!
    I am a new member who joined this forum mainly to thank you for your brilliant guides, I had done much searching and reading before finding your guides, I honestly can say your guides stand out from the crowd, they are so very well detailed and very precise, excellent work!!!.
    I was very surprised to see you had removed the guide I originally followed (Wii NEW AND IMPROVED SOFTMOD GUIDE) and even more surprised to learn how many people do not read your easy instructions and follow them to the letter, I fully understand the reason for removing.
    I had used the guide to SoftMod my Wii to 4.1e, BootMii(Boot2), Preloader 0.29, NeoGamma R6, and it works a treat thank you.
    I was a total noob to the scene, but after reading reading reading your guide, then following instructions to the letter, i SoftModded my Wii with confidence, so a very big thank you for making these guides and making them available.
    I admire your patience in replying to some of the questions you receive.
    Please keep up the good work, your guides are very very very much appreciated, thanking you Larry!!!

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try following the IOS38_rev14 section again (make sure it installs properly and you get no errors).

You must not have looked to hard.

I put RVL-mios-v8.wad in Google and get these hits HERE. Check out the third hit from the top.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I updated the guide to include NeoGamma R7. Those that want to update can download the softmod pack and transfer NeoGamma_R7.wad to the WAD folder and install it using WAD Manager. To Delete R6 just uninstall it using data management/channels in System Menu.

19. bobwskin

bobwskin Guest

I have updated to 4.1E 2-3months ago but I can't update the wii system anymore. The connection test was successful but the wii system will not update. Before it will said there is no new update but now, it won't even update and give Error code:32017. Any helps please ?? I used the old softmod to get to 4.1E and done the use backup thru disk channel. I am thinking it has something to do with the backup thru disk channel problem. Please help ? How do I unistalled all the works for the Backup thru disk channel ?

20. arturoima

arturoima Member

Excellent Guide.

1. Does it installs BootMii Beta 3 or Beta 2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.