1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why do you want to undo everything if your already on 4.1 firmware?

It installs v0.3

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. temukno

temukno Member

This guide is excellent, everything worked properly, my Wii has firmware 4.1U lantinoamerica. Thanks from Chile.

I followed all the steps and each worked perfectly, :D :D :D

3. skylervie

skylervie Member

Hi Larry ive been tryign to use your guide and im having a problem. I have everythign on the SD card as it is in the guide and go to the channel area and click on the sd card under channels. Then it askes to put a sd card in. I do then it come up if i want to load the boot.dol i click yes. once then it come up with the message saying if you paid for this you were scammed. then it goes to a black screen and freezes. Can you help me please. Thanks Skyler (newbie)

4. hang0011

hang0011 Member

can anyone help me .i had UPDATE TO 4.1 FIRMWARE .but now i can't played new wii game like ( wii sports resort ) my wii version is iso36 v4.18 .what else i missing to do ?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try using a diffrent SD card. If you can try a NON-SDHC SD Card.

Please start a new thread this has nothing to do with this guide.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. Keeru

Keeru Member

So I've followed your guide and everything works perfectly. Thank you for making this guide!

I do have one thing to ask though. I enabled gamecube backups following your guide, but I have a question about it. Can neogamma switch discs from a multi-iso disc? For example, I want to play Tales of Symphonia, but since it's two discs, I would have to switch discs mid-game. If it's not possible, is there another way I can run it?

Thanks Larry!

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How many times do i have to say if you have a specific game questions to ask it in a new thread. I don't want this thread being garbaged with post that have relevance to the guide and issues with instillation of the softmod.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  8. arturoima

arturoima Member

Larry a sugestion in my point of view having tried both programs I would recommendo to use USB Loader GX, it has far better UI and its nicer I think.

also updates directly from WAD and downloads all Cover,etc.

or what advantages can you find from NeoGamma that USB Loader GX does not have?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have both links to both USB Loaders. So please leave your comments about which one is best out of the thread. The thread doesn't need to become a which USB Loader is best thread.

So please keep your questions and replies to the softmod itself and issues you might have installing the softmod.

10. tat2d1

tat2d1 Member

I'm getting ready to do a friend's Wii, and I noticed another guide that's pretty much the same as yours, except at the end it says to use wad manager to install:

IOS38-64-v3610
    IOS50-64-v4889
    IOS53-64-v5149
    IOS55-64-v5149

I noticed your guide doesn't have this, and was just wondering A) If it's necessary and B) What do they do, as in what purpose do they serve?

11. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

thanks for the step by step guide larry, I have 1 question and i have tried googleing it and searching several web sites and i just cant get get an understanding on how to go about doing this.

I want to install hermes 222/223 for the purpose of playing rockband. ( if there is a different way to play the games, i would appreciate any advice) is the 222 ios in your mod pack or do i have to dl it some where. ( larry i have came across 1 of your previous posts on where to find this guide but the links to dl the files are dead.)

12. monteiro_

monteiro_ Member

hi, let me start be saying im complete new to the wii homebrew and i followed this guide and everything went great, so thank you so much, however there is one thing i would like to know, the system works great but i dont quite like this loader as there is only one line showing the game title and it takes a long time to find your game if you a lot of games in the usb drive like i do, after a bit of reserch i found this great loader called coverfloader, it does install fine but every single game crash before it loaded, does it have anything to do with the cios im using? is it possible to add other loaders? id so how do i go about it? thank yo uso much in advance.

jorge

13. tat2d1

tat2d1 Member

I was also wondering, I used your previous 4.0-4.1 guide on my own Wii, so if these wads are important would it still be okay to install them? Or would it be unnecessary? Thanks for your help...

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I don't cover hermes 222/223 in this guide. Please try to find the information yourself or start a new thread. I don't need newbies getting confused about hermes 222/223 talk.

READ THE GUIDE! I said to use 1 of the other guides for USB Loader instillation. That as well means ask your questions in that guide link not this one. Or start a new thread in the main forum.

I didn't include any extra IOS versions of an IOS WAD because you can install and patch the newest versions with DOP-IOS.

Technically if you wanted to you could patch IOS60 with DOP-IOS and skip the IOS60Patch.wad file. But since not all will use Trucha Bug I left DOP-IOS as optional.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  15. toonboy1

toonboy1 Regular member

its says at the beginning of the guide it says dont downgrade, but it asks you to downgrade the IOS15. or am i stupid.

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It actually says not to downgrade any IOS after you perform the guide.

It is safe to downgrade IOS15 on those systems. Just restore it after.

17. vorrtex

vorrtex Member

Hey everything works perfectly, except when I try to play twilight princess, I did the Dop-Ios on IOS9, but it keeps freezing when I start it :(

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Please read the guide and past post about specfic game issues.

19. toonboy1

toonboy1 Regular member

this guide worked great, are we any further fowered on the extra steps on newer serials ie leh250 and above.

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As the guide says I don't know if cMIOS can be instaled on those types of Serial systems. However DOP-IOS can be used as long as you install and patch the latest versions of the IOS (do not downgrade them).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.