1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactimu

galactimu Member

Is there a way to go back to factory after doing this softmod? And if so what are the instructions for that?

2. 3xhale

3xhale Member

omg how do you adapter the cios not downloading upside up neogama nand SD not synced with ret -1...... seriously i dont get it, why people do not understand this guide???????

after reading 16 to check for bugs and errors before doing this i just got bored and did it, i just needed to update to 4.1 anyways
    Thanks a lot larry

3. amast

amast Member

Hi Larry,
    It been a long time I touch my wii when softmode with the guide you wrote previously.To my surprise there are too many changes with this new guide.I am interested with the nand backup feature.May I ask you if I had done the softmode using your previous guide,do I need to do everything again?By the way what does this nand backup uses for?
    Just remember how you do a great help for my previous softmod.
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    thanks

4. wiibowler

wiibowler Member

I need help. I deleted my homebrew channel because it was upside down. I tried to reinstall it threw the bootmii loader and now it says that it can't continue because there is no vulnerable isos. I did all the optional stuff in this guide. Now I don't have a homebrew loader. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

5. cleaner12

cleaner12 Member

larrylje: you are the best. everything was smooth as silk. the only part I got hung up on was installing HBC because I already had it installed so I didn't see some of that bootmii stuff. But everything worked great! Now I can play all these coasters. lol

6. d4n13

d4n13 Member

Well guys looking at the log file, sounds you've fakesigned "*" all your system IOS's. HackMii seems sensitive to this, so either give up, or un-fakesign a few IOS's to give HackMii something to execute in. I've only fakesigned 36 and 60. Ultimately you guys will need to start a new thread for this, since your config isn't really a "fresh" one, and restoring to a less-modded state is not a discussion for this thread.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The no vulnerable IOS error message in Hackmii has already been discussed numerous times in past post. So there is no need to bring it up at all again.

It should be as simple as installing IOS36 without patching it at all. Use DOP-IOS to do this.

8. v28p

v28p Member

hey larry thanks for yuor guide I follow all the steps and everyting went well i guess untill I try to run the neo gama launcher and usb loader they just go to a black screen and freezes, did I miss something?

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

v28p, start your own thread about your problem as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no.

10. wesbc

wesbc Member

Hi. I have a 3.1J with a wiikey. Of course I can't play some of the greatest latest and figure I need to upgrade to 4.1J. Can I use this guide to do that. I see it'll install homebrew and was hoping to avoid that. Any other way to upgrade the firmware to 4.1J safely and keep the wiikey working. I figure then I'll just use brickblocker or other to scrub the iso.

Thanks

11. tony996

tony996 Member

Thanks you for this great guide and the others you have made, they work great and are "fairly" easy to understand (would say very easy to understand but i guess there would not be this many questions). Here is my questions i was able to mod many wii's so far using your guide, however i came across a brand new wii that would install homebrew and neogamma, could not play burned games --read earlier that it had to do with a new disc drive that nintendo is installing--so you have to use a hard drive or sd card to play games. Is there something in the works that would allow back ups to play. Just curious. Thank you,

12. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

I would suggest opening a new thread for this as it is off topic, this is a softmod guide and your asking questions about a modchip.

Ricey

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I finely updated a Wii softmod last night and got the Hackmii error "this application can not continue because there is no vulnerable IOS".

I myself got around it by reinstalling IOS30 using DOP-IOS. After doing this the Hackmii worked fine without the no vulnerable IOS error.

14. robwebset

robwebset Member

Thanks again for the guide Larry,

Just one thought for people running the guide, at the end it states that: "YOU CAN NOW FORMAT THE SD CARD TO CLEAR ALL SOFTMOD PACK APPLICATIONS AND FILES FROM IT.".

However, it may be worth taking a backup of the contents of the card, as this will contain the bootmii directory that was created when you installed bootmii, if you wanted to run it in future, you'll need this directory.

15. goatboy84

goatboy84 Member

ok so I'm getting green screen on new super mario. I have updated from your last guide to the new guide. I have 4.1u and neogamma r7. R7 says I have cios249 rev 12. Do i need to update to cios249 rev 14 to play new super mario?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Please no game specific questions in the thread.

If you have a specfic game issue start a new thread or search for other threads that have been started on NSMB. There are plenty of threads out there.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  17. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

Larry, which version of DOP-IOS should I use? Google comes up with a few different versions and sights give disclaimer that it can wreck my wii...
    Thanks.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How about using the 1 that is included in this guide.

19. hokahey

hokahey Member

When I start the NUS Downloader I do not have the three boxes at the bottom (Pack -> WAD, Ignore Ticket if Missing and Use/Keep Present Local Files) and when I download the appropriate IOS info it does not created a wad file in the folders. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do differently

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I don't know what to tell you. They should be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.