1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

Ok tks Larry, I have the files on my computer from earlier modding. Now your instructions are:
    DOP-IOS:
    snip
    I would suggest using DOP-IOS to install and patch newest version of the below IOS.
    snip
    Start DOP-IOS (via Homebrew Channel).
    snip
    Now since I don't have the HBC anymore due to reformatting system memory. How exactly do I load DOP-IOS without HBC?

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

reinstall HBC with the hackmii installer and bannerbomb.

3. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

This is what happened when I tried that:

Originally posted by pryme_H:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by asmodeius:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pryme, Can you please tell me what method I can try to get my HBC back. It was working perfectly on 4.1U until I reformatted system memory by mistake.

Thanks.

Use Bannerbomb V1 along with Hackmii installer to recover HBC. All related links and info are found here.

Pryme, I'm still getting the error message when trying to load bannerbomb:
    This installer can not continue!
    There is a known vulnerable IOS installed on this WII. Please note we will not use a fake signed IOS due to security reasons.
    Look for an updated version at: http:/bootnii.org
    If this is already the latest version......well suck it.

Instructions on Bannerbomb weren't exactly accurate. It said to rename the installer.elf file to boot.elf but there was no installer.elf file in the hackmii installer there was however a boot.elf file inside the hackmii installer which is what I put on the root of the SD card. So I had the private folder and this boot.elf and am getting this message.

Can anyone help me with this problem. Need to get my HBC back up.

4. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

Hey Larry Im trying to get this softmod to work out for me. I have installed HBC and hackmii and downgrade ISO15. From what I understand each area with the ====================== above and below them are steps so I moved onto the next one which was patch ISO36. Once I go to load Trucha Bug Restorer again the screen goes black and stays that way. I can power down the wii and start it again and try to go back into it and the same thing happens.

5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you have no vulnerable ios, bannerbomb wad manager, reinstall ios30 as mention in the guide. then bannerbomb the hackmii installer.

6. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

Im sure larry has stated the solution to this not 15 posts ago

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  7. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

I finely updated a Wii softmod last night and got the Hackmii error "this application can not continue because there is no vulnerable IOS".

I myself got around it by reinstalling IOS30 using DOP-IOS. After doing this the Hackmii worked fine without the no vulnerable IOS error.

My problem with this instruction is the reinstalling IOS30 using DOP-IOS. Which leads us back to my earlier post, how to I load DOP-IOS without HBC? I tried the Bannerbomb method and that didn't work for me as I stated the result in a few posts ealier. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with that method...that's why I gave details on what happened so the community can help me with some insight into the problem.

8. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

This is the method I used to to try to load IOS30 (newest version as version wasn't given):

Following the guide:
    1. With using NUS I downloaded the IOS files and put in root of directory along with the private, apps and wad folders plus the boot.elf file.
    2. Using NUS download newest version of IOS30 and replace the IOS60 in wad folder with this one.
    3. Turn on Wii with sd card out, channels, sd, put card in.
    4. Click yes to run.
    5. Press 1 on wii remote.

Then I get the error message about no vulnerable IOS files.

What am I doing wrong. I've tried with IOS30 in wad folder and tried with it in root...neither methods work.

9. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

Tried this method with bannerbomb:

1. Left all files on sd card from guide instructions,renamed private to privateold.
    2. Put the new private folder in root of sd card from bannerbomb site.
    3. copied and pasted elf.boot file from hackmii installer folder into root of sd card to replace old elf.boot file.

now with IOS 30... tried 2 methods...

1. Put IOS30 in root with the rest of the IOS files and tried...same error.
    2. Replaced IOS60 in wad folder with IOS30 and tried.....error.

Please let me know where I'm going wrong with my methods.

10. robwebset

robwebset Member

Which version are you trying to install, if it's the one in the install set pkindly provided my Larry then you may get away with just updating the HackMii Installer v0.6 from their site (http://bootmii.org/download/).
    (I hit a similar problem a few months ago, and just updating the HackMii version resolved the issue)

Obviously you'll need to rename the file and put it in the root on the SD card.

11. atari7800

atari7800 Member

I've used this guide with success thank you Larry. My Wii is not connected to the internet so I'm unable to use the firmware updater that connects to the net to go to 4.0 and\or 4.1. What I was wondering is could I just use the NUS downloader and get the 4.0 then 4.1 system menu from it and install them safely as WAD's as an alternative to using the ones that need the internet connection that are provided in your package?

Thanks so much for the great info!

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do the steps below and it should work.

Format your SD Card and start fresh (save any files you want saved).

Extract the softmod pack again to your clean SD card (redownload if you have to).

DO NOT RENAME ANYTHING!

After you get the files on your SD card take the boot file at the root and copy it to your PC (this is the hackmii installer). After you place it on your PC delete it off the SD card.

Now on the SD card go to apps folder then to hbc_dopios_v8 folder and copy (do not cut) the boot file in this folder to the root of the SD card (this is the DOP-IOS application).

Now do as you did before when running the hackmii installer (make sure SD card is not placed in Wii yet)...

Go to Wii ICON (Bottom left hand corner)>DATA MANAGEMENT>CHANNELS>SD CARD TAB (make sure you go to CHANNEL not GAME DATA).

You will get a message saying "Nothing is inserted in the SD Card slot".

At this time insert the SD card into the Wii System.

You will get a message saying "Load Boot dol/elf?" Select YES.

This should run DOP-IOS. Go to IOS30 and reisntall IOS30 again.

After you do the above steps exit out and connect the SD card to your PC.

Now delete the boot file at the root of the SD card then copy the boot file you placed on your PC at the begining back on the root.

Now run the Hackmii installer again using bannerbomb as before.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  13. asmodeius

asmodeius Guest

Great, finally got it back. Thank you Larry for the detailed instructions.

14. amast

amast Member

Hi larry,
    Need your help,I try to update the cios rev 14 using the file on your guide.I had success install it but when I go to usbloader I still having cios rev 13.I only install the cios rev14 cause I had done the softmod using your previous guide.Do I need to install everything again?
    thanks

15. wesbc

wesbc Member

Hi Larry. I use your previous guide to update my 3.4 to 4.1 I was wondering since then if there was any update I needed to do. I thought to look back at your old guide and compare to this to see if there are any new updates needed only to find that you had remove your previous guide.

Can you let me know if there are any new updates needed since your previous 4.1 update guide or am I still good to go?

Thanks

16. ace_wii

ace_wii Guest

Hey Larry

Awesome guide mate my modded my wii only took 25 mins can now play my wii back ups cheers mate best step by step guide on the net.

17. fooky

fooky Guest

please give the link to the guide to play backups games..

thanks

18. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

What!! THIS guide is for playing backup games.

Ricey

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  19. pincard

pincard Member

Thanks....
    It just works perfectly!
    How can you found this out?

20. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

Hey Im still trying to figure out what is going wrong with my installation... My previous post was this:

Hey Larry Im trying to get this softmod to work out for me. I have installed HBC and hackmii and downgrade ISO15. From what I understand each area with the ====================== above and below them are steps so I moved onto the next one which was patch ISO36. Once I go to load Trucha Bug Restorer again the screen goes black and stays that way. I can power down the wii and start it again and try to go back into it and the same thing happens.

If anyone is able to help me here I would be very appreciative. The version of Wii that I have is LU66 and I wasnt sure if I needed to downgrade the ISO15 or not. If I dont have to which I already did is there a way that I can remove the downgrade and start over again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.