1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you did the steps properly it should work. Try redownloading the IOS again using NUS. Other then that I can't help since I don't know what your doing wrong.

What kind of memeory card are you using?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

I am using a 2GB SD card. Also just to double check, I SHOULD downgrade with a system version of LU66?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You must not have read the guide that good if you have to ask this question.

4. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

Ok the weirdest thing just happened. I started my wii without the sd card in it and put the card in when I loaded HBC. Then I started back with the step I couldnt continue with which was to patch ISO36 and it ran through all of the needed steps and after the installation was finished it restarted HBC and everything was flipped upside down on the screen. It was all running but was upsidedown... Any reasons for this?

5. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

Sorry about double posting but I cant find the edit button...

I patched the ISO36 and than restored the ISO15 and that all went fine. I am still having a really weird problem with HBC being upside down. The Wii main page is showing correctly as well as the load screen that I used for the ISO's. HBC seems to work fine still just really weird trying to use it back words.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Again answered in the guide if you would READ IT!

7. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

Sorry about that. Ive been reading all the steps very closely but missing that part before all the steps. I will reinstall HBC.

Thank you for being helpful. :)

8. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

My bad sorry

Ricey

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  9. youngw

youngw Member

I have used this guide and thank You, worked great.
    Question:
    System is at 3.4U, if I upgrade to 4.1 via homebrew channel do I need to redo the guide again??
    Thanks for the Guide Larry

10. MachoNach

MachoNach Member

Hello everyone. I just softmoded my wii that is a 3.4u version. I did everything in the guide and it seemed to have worked fine. When I got to the part where I wanted to update my system menu I start to do so and it just stays at the first screen where it is trying to connect to the internet. I have the Wii internet adapter instead of wifi so I was wondering if this was my problem. Is there a reason why this might not allow me to update my system menu to 4.0? I am running on cable internet so its always running.

Thanks for the help and wonderful guide.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  11. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

you can go through the bootmii menu pressing reset to select and power to choose eject is back button. press them quickly don't hold them in

12. the_rob

the_rob Member

Hey Larry, I've done a my wii and couple other people's with your guide and its worked awesome everytime. I messed something up myself this time though and I'm wondering if you can lend a hand. Everything was going as normal and as I was using dop-ios, without thinking about it too much I signed 36; I tried to cancel when I realized and it didn't appear to finish but still turned the HBC upside down again. So I tried to load boot dol but it says it will not continue because there's no vulnerable IOS. I tried trucha to downgrade IOS15 and reinstalling patched-IOS36, then installed non-patched ISO36 but same problem. Do you have a suggestion besides NAND restore or should I just let it sign IOS36 with es-patch y/n? Thanks.

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How about reading the guide. The no vunrable IOS is answered in it.

14. the_rob

the_rob Member

Thanks for quick, direct reply (wish more people were like that). Guess I always skipped over it because I never needed it before. Will chk more thoroughly in the future.

15. atari7800

atari7800 Member

Yep, used NUS to get 4.1 WAD and installed IOS60patched and now I'm up to 4.1 .

16. Magnani

Magnani Member

i just have one simple question, this guide says to use FAT32 mode on the sd card, the main guide at wiihacks.com explicitly says to use FAT and absolutely not to use FAT32, which is right? or was it just a typo here. oh, and one more, why can you not use a micro sd with adapter? will it cause a brick? or is it just a weak connection so just less likely to transfer right?

17. tony996

tony996 Member

Those of you who have the upside down homebrew channel. Try this, which i know it has been stated before reinstall HBC with bannerbomb (i did not erase first) just intalled it over again, and it fixed it. Hope this helps some of you guys. this is the best and easiest guide, read before you ask.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There have been thousands of users that have used this guide with FAT32 so I highly doubt this guide is wrong (I don't think I have ever seen a guide that strongly suggest not to use FAT32).

As to the no micro-sd card adapter recommendation. Most end up having issues using micro-sd cards somewhere along the guide. So it is best to use a SD card.

If all your going to do is come and question this guide then maybe you should just stick with the previous guide your mentioning.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  19. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

larryjl has mentioned a few times do not use micro sd & adapter to keep it simple so there is less chance of a problem

20. Magnani

Magnani Member

ok, was just curious about the microSD issue, as for the FAT/FAT32 issue, I typically treat this site as the definitive place for answers to all matters like this, I was not trying to argue, just simply curious because the other guide made it a point state it, then go back and clarify absolutely do not use FAT32. I trust this site more, was just making sure it was not a typo here, not to argue who is right. And the only reason I am asking questions here is because I feel I can trust the answers here not to provoke or put anyone on the spot, just want to have a good understanding from someone who obviously knows. Nobody else says no MicroSD so I figure you know something they don't, not that your comments are false I was just curious as to reason, thats all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.