1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

no worries but through larryjl's guide it works well sometimes you amy need to re-read his guide but it does work

2. Magnani

Magnani Member

ok, thanks a lot, i have been researching and reading up for days now, think i am ready i guess. i already have a wasabi dx solderless in but a lot of things don't work on it so i guess i am going to have to do this too and upgrade to 4.1 to play a lot of things now

3. fooky

fooky Guest

I finally got the homebrew now i need to to find out how to play may backups games.. WHAT files I need ? any extra help for this thank you

fooky..

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How about following the guide. Are you that helpless?

5. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

Fooky I have already told you that this is what the guide is for, do you not read?

Ricey

6. JBUSH6

JBUSH6 Member

i am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but ill ask anyway first i used this guide works perfectley i am playing 15 or so of my backups next my son got dj hero for christmas game wants to update my wii what is your suggestions for this

7. inagasake

inagasake Member

Since I'm gonna buy a Wii from a store it's probably likely I'll get a LU64+. Now if I follow all the steps in the above guide exactly and don't downgrade anything else (aside from IOS15), I shouldn't brick the system right? I was using the search for LU64/LU65 on this site and a lot of the information isn't recent.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What does the guide say?

9. fox67

fox67 Member

Hi!

Im using this excellent guide!
    Came to the part installing "Hermes' IOS 222/223:"
    At this time I noticed that the SD card couldn´t be read anymore.
    So the NAND backup that I made earlier is lost.
    Should I try to recover it or can I format the SD card and try to make a new NAND backup, and then put the files back to the SD card?

Best Regards, Joakim from Sweden!

10. robwebset

robwebset Member

It all depends where you installed Bootmii to, by default it will create a directory on the SD card, so you'll need that directory in order to do another backup or restore.

Obviously you'll need to re-install bootmii if you don't have the required directory.

11. fox67

fox67 Member

Thanks for replying in a flash :)

Yes I think its so.
    Bootmii is not starting now.
    What I am wondering about is if theres any changes made to my Wii now that I made this changes or am I´m going to have the same NAND backup now? If so I just put the files back to the SD and boot up Bootmii. Then do a new NAND backup. Continuing with "Hermes' IOS 222/223:"
    or must I start all over again?

12. fox67

fox67 Member

Do I have to "undo" the steps above "Hermes' IOS 222/223: install "
    or is it ok to do the NAND backup now and just continue?
    If I must "undo" the steps before how do I do that ?
    I´m currently have version 3.1E

13. radiata

radiata Member

i need help with backup player i don't have IOS249 NeoGamma
    what do i need to do

14. fox67

fox67 Member

Got my original NAND backup back thanks to R-Studio.
    So now I can continue.
    Is my NAND backup unic? or if I lost mine could I just download another?

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Follow the guide.

Use Bootmii and make another NAND backup if your worried something is wrong with the original.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  16. jdc909

jdc909 Member

Larry,
    I've tried your firmware soft mod guide, and I ran into the "No vulnerable IOS" error. So I moved on to the next posting, and went through the steps listed. The problem is after every time I complete this

"Press Any button to exit the application. "

I get a "(DSI) Exception occurred!" screen with "stack dump" and "code dump" info.

No big deal, I restarted the system every time and kept going.
    When I reached this point

"Then rename the boot_DOP_IOS_MOD.dol file to boot.dol
    Now place the SD card in the Wii again"

my system locked up with the blue disk read light on and nothing on the screen.
    Any thoughts?

17. Fille84

Fille84 Member

I have installed everything as it says in this tutorial. The only step i jumped beacause i dont really knew what to do was the step containing the text "Hermes' IOS 222/223:
    Go HERE to install Hermes' IOS 222/223 then come back to this guide to finsih up.", maybe that was stupid? Anyway everything is installed and when i try to play a burned disc with neogamma r7 it just gives me a black screen. What can be the problem? Its a PAL machine on v4.1E, the serialnr is LEH28...

18. idroptech

idroptech Member

Awesome tutorial Larry. My Wii isn't bricked, but I don't know what's going on with it. HBC works perfectly fine. My issues always stem around running backups. Currently running 4.0u. I followed the DOPIOS part of the tutorial and now none of my backups are running. I did read that you mentioned removing any previous backup loaders from the Wii Channel Menu. When I loaded up Anytitle Deleter, I didn't know what the hell was going on.....

Do you have any tutorial on resetting the Wii back to start. I would feel comfortable, if I just did your tutorial from start to finish. I feel like your tutorial actually makes sense. But, I have done so many things to my Wii I am not sure what will happen next.....

I know that anything I do can brick the Wii, but I am thinking to just start from the beginning of your tutorial and seeing what happens or maybe I can start from after the Twilight Hack.....

19. skuzzleb

skuzzleb Member

I have followed this guide and appreciate all the input. I have also found many answers along the way by searching for other people's questions.

I ran into the problem of an upside down HBC at one point, but uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it. I ran most of the optional items including upgrading to 4.1 and the DOP-IOS stuff.

After updating everything recommended with DOP-IOS, I got the upside down HBC thing again. So I went and uninstalled the HBC. But now I get the 'No Vulnerable IOS' error when loading hackmii. Your solution for this is to run DOP-IOS again and redo one of the IOS, but I can't do that now becuase I already unistalled the HBC.

I found this blog, but it seems to be associated with the 4.2 guide, is this the right way to proceed:
    http://my.afterdawn.com/larrylje_redwings/blog_entry.cfm/4103

I have loaded preloader .29, should I run the boot.dol from there?

Sorry if I have missed any answers within this thread, thanks for any direction you can provide.

20. skuzzleb

skuzzleb Member

I found this past reply which seems to apply to my problem. I got DOP to run from the SD root, but the IOS30 does not give an option to reinstall. It only offers to press the '-' button to go back to the old v1040. It is currently at v2816 (stub). The guide says to never downgrade on my system so I'm not sure what next step to take.

Thanks for any available support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.