1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Unpatch IOS34 not IOS30.

So run DOP-IOS go to IOS34 and choose B(NO) when it asks if you want to apply sig hash check.

I would go to Wii>data managment>channels and delete any backup loaders you have.

Then go to the 4.2 softmod guide in my sig and follow it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. skuzzleb

skuzzleb Member

Worked great, thanks. Didn't have to use the banner program. Is there anything else I will need to re-do or re-repair?

Thanks again.

3. Grievous2

Grievous2 Member

Greetings. I have a lil' problem and I hope someone can help.
    I recently purchased a Wii console and it came with firmware 3.4u, and is a "LU39" (which from what I readed, is a headache to softmod).

I used this guide, installed Homebrew channel with no problems as well as did all the other steps with outmost caution and exactitude, up to the "Hermes' IOS 222/223" part.

When I load the "cIOS 222 installer", I am able to choose several IOS but the IOS249 is nowhere to be found, thus cannot proceed with the guide.

I tried to look up for more info on other websites and guides, but besides the fact all and each one follow different methods, use different files and most are seriously outdated, I'd rather stick to this one guide and find a solution for the sake of not messing something up with my Wii.

Thanks in advancement, I wait for any reply.

4. tallguyy

tallguyy Member

I am a bit stuck also. I am stuck at this part:
    ==============================================================

Hermes' IOS 222/223:

Launch the HBC and load the cIOS 222 installer.

=======================================
    I do not see hermes ios as an option in the homebrew channel. I do see cmios installer with no description but that does not look like it. Am i missing something?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Refresh the page and then redownload the softmod pack. It is there because I just checked.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If IOS249 is not in the list then you didnt install cIOS38_rev14 proper;y. Try to do the cIOS38_rev14 section again and make sure it installes properly without any errors. If you get an error then you may need to do the DIWNGRADE IOS15, PATCH IOS36 and RESTOR IOS15 section again.

7. tallguyy

tallguyy Member

deleted my post because of my missing something
    DOH!

8. hokahey

hokahey Member

Hey Larry I thank you for the guide. Hey I just had a question. I tried to run a few back ups and keep getting a disk reading error. It's only on some. Just wondering if I did something wrong.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If any of your backups work then you did everything right.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Everything you need is in the guide. If it is not working then your doing something wrong. I can't fix the problem if I don't know what the problem is. All I can do is give instructions on how to do the steps. It is up to you to do them properly.

You do have WiFi correct?

11. Grievous2

Grievous2 Member

Sorry for the late reply; wanted to let you know that indeed it was an error during the Patch IOS36 step on the first try. Completed the entire guide steps and now my Wii is working 100% fine and running backups with no problems.

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the aid given, and hope you have some darn awesome holidays :)

12. srfncrly

srfncrly Member

OK the guide has changed since I've been reading and researching it this past week.

Two questions remain:

1. So everything for the Hermies install is now in the softmod pack? From what I recall the guide previously instructed you to download some additional files through NUS, whic makes me ask......

2. Do I need WiFi? The guide says WiFi:

...but doesn't say yes or no?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It says things you need and WiFi is under that section. So what do you think? WOuld WiFi be there if you didn't need it?

14. srfncrly

srfncrly Member

Well it says 'WiFi:', as if a 'yes' or a 'no' would follow, I thought the 'yes' or the 'no' had been accidentally left out.

Is there a way to softmod your wii without it having internet access?

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do a google search and see if you can find 1.

16. snoopy_25

snoopy_25 Member

Hello Larry, I followed instructions and got no errors. Everything is done but when I try to run Neogamma my wii freeze and need restart. I also tried to install newer Neogamma version (R8 beta 15) but it did not help.
    When I try to setup USB loader, situation is the same. Installation goes without problem but when I try to launch it, my wii stay in black screen and I must restart it. (I am not asking you for help with USB loader but I think that this information can be helpful to find solution with Neogamma)

My Wii is new - with 4.1e version.

Can you help me please?

17. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Just a quick question. I tried to read through the forum to find it so sorry if I missed it.

I softmodded my Wii some time ago via the Twilight Hack and I think I'm still running some old Wii FW, like 3.1U or something.

Can I run this guide just as it is or do I need to perform any additional steps before following your guide? Thanks.

18. fradleyp

fradleyp Guest

I have a PAL V4.1E hard modded WII, but I needed to softmod to play mario. I have followed the guid to the letter twice (will explain later) everytime when I get to install cIOS38_rev14: I get ret error 1035. +i got bad blocks whilst backing up the nand is this normal?

At first I though it was because I was using a micro SD with adapter but I have been using a genuine SD on my last attempt to no avail.

I did try to softmod a while back using another guide with no luck will this cause any problems to this softmod and or can you not softmod a hardmod?

EDIT: if i go onto the homebrew channel (which was already installed before I used this guide) it says 1.0.6 and then IOS61 v19.26 is this right?

FINAL EDIT: sorted found out that in the previous softmod i had done had installed some custom ios so i deleted these (using anytitle deleter to delete any ios 249 or above) and jobsa good en. thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
  19. idroptech

idroptech Member

OK,,,Problem.....I followed the instructions down to the T...I didn't receive any error messages. Whole thing went through smoothly. I tried to run a backup with Neogamma7 and received error#1 Unauthorized device has been detected.

20. idroptech

idroptech Member

One thing did confuse me. Was I supposed to install DVDx? In the start of the tutorial it wasn't mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.