1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zpy0000

zpy0000 Member

Thank you very much for the great work. I have sucessfully modified my wii by following this guide.

I have found the answer by going thro the past posts again. Sorry for missing it last time.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. resievol

resievol Member

Thanks for your guides they are always flawless...

I was helping a friend run through these steps for his wii and we finished all of them and when we went to run usb loader it gave us 222 not installed.

So we went back to the hermes 222/223 install and followed those steps. I believe the first time we went through the steps we didnt catch that it gave us an error when doing hte network installation so we manually downloaded the files and ran the 222/223 installation. It worked fine and I was able to get some older games to play and USB loader runs and works fine. HOWEVER under IOS selection I only get the option of 222/223 it seems that IOS 249 was never installed correctly. Is it a good idea to just start over at the beginning of the steps and just do it all again or is there something I can do to make this work now. I tried to run CIOS38rev14 installer again and got a return error.

BTW the game I tried to run was New Super mar. world and it just goes to a black screen and reboots to the wii home.

3. terry9999

terry9999 Member

Hi I have followed the guide and am having difficulties reading a copied DVD dsic. Not had the cance to try a copied game disc as I'm still downloading the game.

I have a wii 4.1e, I managed to install the homebrew channel, but when I open it there is not an option to play anything? I have also loaded the boot mii file.

Please can you give me some much needed help?

Thanks

Terry9999

4. pet12345

pet12345 Member

Ok, I suck.. I've tried lots of things but somehow it won't work. I dont get it. It's all very confusing I think. I tried to update my 3.1 firmware to 4.1, I read that would solve the dvd read error (or something). But when i started the installer nothing happened, I just saw 'initializing network'...(I could not install IOS222 either, same thing happened) i dont have a connection to internet on my wii. Do I need one in order to make it all work????
    I'm sorry for being so stupid but I'm getting real desperate here and ofcourse I dont want to brick my wii..
    Can someone please help me ?!??????

5. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

Yes you need to be connected to the internet, the guide states that you need wifi connection

Ricey

6. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

hi i have not installed boot2 and i have installed bootmii as ios do i have to install boot2 as it does not give me a option to and i made the nand back by going on to the homebrew and clicking home than bootmii. If i keep my SD card in and reset the bootmii does not load automatically and if i brick my wii how do i access that menu??

7. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

NOt all wii's will allow you to install bootmii as boot2, if you can only install as ios then i suggest to install preloader as this allows you to enter the homebrew channel therefore allowing you to run bootmii, search for preloader or start a new thread

Ricey

8. pet12345

pet12345 Member

Thanks for the answer! But I have the problem that I can't get the wifi connection to work... I'm not very good at this I know ;) But will the LAN adapter do the trick?

9. resievol

resievol Member

Thanks for your guides they are always flawless...

I was helping a friend run through these steps for his wii and we finished all of them and when we went to run usb loader it gave us 222 not installed.

So we went back to the hermes 222/223 install and followed those steps. I believe the first time we went through the steps we didnt catch that it gave us an error when doing hte network installation so we manually downloaded the files and ran the 222/223 installation. It worked fine and I was able to get some older games to play and USB loader runs and works fine. HOWEVER under IOS selection I only get the option of 222/223 it seems that IOS 249 was never installed correctly. Is it a good idea to just start over at the beginning of the steps and just do it all again or is there something I can do to make this work now. I tried to run CIOS38rev14 installer again and got a return error.

BTW the game I tried to run was New Super mar. world and it just goes to a black screen and reboots to the wii home.

10. resievol

resievol Member

should we just update to official 4.2 and follow the 4.2 guide?

11. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

12. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

when i go to the hackmii installer it now says Bootmii: can only be installed as an IOS
    the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install(-2)

I installed bootmii from larry's old guide and i want to know that if i put my SD card and switch my wii on the bootmii menu does not come on automatically i have to go on homebrew channel than press home than click bootmii to go on it so if i install this boot 2 thingy it will let access that menu automatically when i put my sd card.

13. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

If your wii is saying you can only install as ios then you will NOT be able to install as boot2, therefore you will only ever be able to get bootmii through ios which means you will have to use homebrew to launch it. Like i said before do a search for preloader it will help

Ricey

14. zpy0000

zpy0000 Member

Hi, all experts. I have followed this guide and sucessfully modded my wii. I could not install bootmii as boot2, I installed it as IOS and backuped NAND after modification.

Now I want to install preloader, just to have some brick protection. But every time I tried to install it I get error message: Failed to get ROOT, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed.

Sorry if I have asked the question in thr wrong place. Please help me to sort out this problem. I dont know what to do now.

My wii is on v4.0e. Serial nr is LAH118.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Please start a new thread on Preloader questions.

16. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

what is this preloader thing that you keep going on about and do i really need this preloader to install bootmii as it doesn't say anything in larry's guide about a preloader.

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Don't you think if you needed it that I would have it in the guide.

If anyone is intersted in preloader/priiloader then feel free to do a search on it or start a new thread.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  18. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

hi larry the other guy was on about preloader but larry could tell me how to install this boot2 i installed bootmii as ios and did not even get a option to install bootmii as boot2 now when i go on to the hack mii thing it says Bootmii: can only be installed as an IOS
    the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install(-2)

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Newer systems can not install Bootmii to Boot2. If it says you can not install to Boot2 then you have to install it as an IOS.

20. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

my system is 3 years old and how do i install it as ios i dont get an option

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.