1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricey1986

ricey1986 Member

You said in your previous post that you already installed as ios? Again if your wii wont allow you to install as boot2...wait for it...THEN YOU CANT (god i hate repeating myself) Preloader is not needed essentially but it can help to recover from bricks if you dont have boot2 (sorry for mentioning this larry, it has just seemed to confuse him). sorry if i seem harsh but you clearly ain't reading posts.

Ricey

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. zpy0000

zpy0000 Member

I have started a new thread about preloader questions

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...0e_could_not_instaal_bootmii_as_boot2-827355/

But so far it seems no one is interested.

Preloader is a very important tool to those who could not install bootmii as boot2 in newer wii systems. It will be the last straw to save your system when it turns to a brick.

I have tried to search preloader or priiloader thing. But nothing was close to my case. My case is after installing Larry Guide.

That is why I think Larry may be the one who is able to answer the question. Please help.

3. mojobaby

mojobaby Member

larrylje,

Just wanted to say great guide, as if it hasn't been said enough.
    I am brand new to the wii scene(x-mas), and followed you guide (to the letter)with no problems.
    started with ver 3.4u
    and serial started with LU66 (for those who may be having problems).
    I didn't do the Dop-IOS at first, wasn't sure if it was necessary, but things seemed to work smoother once i did (with USB loader).
    I had searched all over the net and nowhere else did i find such an easy to follow guide with current info. Thanks again.

4. de049

de049 Member

Hiall,

Please forgive me if i sound real thick, but after running this precedure and having done everything ok, i now need some guidance.

Having finished the procedure, may i now remove the SD Card? Will i ever need this SD Card to play my Wii backups?

To launch Wii backups, do i simply switch the Wii on then insert disc as normal, or do i need to launch the backup via a different means?

Forgive the rather childish questions, but i am still to backup my games so i haven't really tried it yet.

BTW, Amazing tutorial. This is by far the best tutorial i have seen about any device ever! You couldn't have made it easier pal!! Thank you.

Thanks for any help you wish to afford.

de049 ;-)

5. punitr1

punitr1 Regular member

ok i understand it Ricey, i will find a post that will teach me to install a preloader

6. de049

de049 Member

hi again.

ok, did some researching and found that my black Wii, with 4.1e firmware is likely unable to play DVD backups as it most probably has the D3-2 chip. 2 DVD-Rs later and still Error 1101 on Neo gamma 7.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Also, i read that i should instead use a USB drive or high capacity SD card toi launch my games. Is this true?

Basically, if anyone knows of anyone that has softmodded a black Wii on 4.1e please advise.

NOTE: i saw somewhere else that upgrading my Wii from 4,1e to 4,2 and then softmodding would do the trick. As i have alsready softmodded mine ion 4.1e can i go back and upgrade to 4.2 if this does work? Would upgrade to 4.2 over rule the D3-2 chip limitation?

any advice is appreciated

thanks

de049.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The info about the new drives is already in the guide.

Upgrading to 4.2 will not fix the issue. You need to use a USB loader.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  8. de049

de049 Member

oh ok, thaks for the advice,

9. mkhannah

mkhannah Member

Thanks heaps for the tutes, been looking at a few places for help and got everything I needed done here in 30 mins. Top job!

10. jordan057

jordan057 Member

I followed this guide and things had been working great.

I did 2 things.
    I connected to my wifi so that I could dump disks. Did not download any updates.

Secondly I followed the steps to get DVDDumper working from the guide listed below. I installed IOS37-64-v2070.wad and the dumps went file, But now I cannot play any backed up games. Even ones that worked before.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/701082

I always get error 1101 in Neogamma when trying to play a game.

Is there something that I overwrote and I need to reapply?

Thanks,

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

That guide is a little outdated and used IOS37-64-v2070.wad which is an old custom IOS. You will need to reinstall cIOS38_rev14 again. cIOS38_rev14 will work with DVDDumper so don't install cIOS37 again.

You may need to use AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS249. Then follow the cIOS38_rev14 section again to install it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  12. jordan057

jordan057 Member

Thanks Larry,

That did the trick.

I deleted IOS249

and reinstalled via your guide and games play again.

13. gionigr8

gionigr8 Member

Hi de049,

I want to know if your softmoding and USB loader worked all the way, because I have the same Wii black at home and I want to softmode it.
    I want to know if someone softmoded a new black Wii with 4.1e

And if they encounter problems on the way.

THX

14. de049

de049 Member

hi,

softmoding and then trying to run backups via DVD fail with error 1101 on Neo Gamma. The guys here confirmed its coz we probably have the latest drive installed.

I have just bought me a 1TB USB HDD and reading up on the latest USB Loader from this place, looks very nice:

Will posty once i get some backups and manage to run them on the black wii.

I am not sure (maybe someone else reading this can help) if i still need all the patches and software i installed using Larrylje's tutorial on Softmoding. Hombrew, Neo gamma, etc. if i am using USB Loader. If not, whats tthe best/safest way to remove all this without damaging anything?

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have linked to a USB Loader guide in this guide (the link CFG USB Loader is also in my sig). I would recoemend following that USB Loader guide instead of the one at gbatemp.

If you have the drive that will not play backup disc then you can uninstall (or not install) NeoGamma. Everything else should be installed.

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The guide says it will work on any wii with any serial except for Korean.

If you have one of the new drives (which you probably do) then you will need a USB Loader to play your backups. The newer drives will not play backup disc.

17. THEFIZZER

THEFIZZER Member

Followed the tutorial to the T and everything seemed to ok.
    I have a black wii with 4.1e firmware and have read that I need to install a usb loader.
    But I have just loaded the neogamma loader (just to have a look) and the screen goes black and it freezes.

any ideas please? i have read through the ??? pages on this thread but couldn't see if anyone else had encountered this problem.

18. de049

de049 Member

THEFIZZER,

You must have missed something out. I followed Larry's tut to the T and it worked great, jkust failed to load the DVD backup.

I am going to try the USB Loader this weekend, will update after i get this working.

19. THEFIZZER

THEFIZZER Member

Ok, many thanks

Is it safe to go through the guide again?

20. gennix68

gennix68 Member

larry
    can i ask about ocarina? i'm just new here so, i'm just curious about it. Anyway, great guide you have about soft modding, i can play any games right now with my wii.
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.