1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southusc

southusc Member

Larry, great guide as always.
    2 quick questions and if you don't want them here I will ask them elsewhere ( couldn't find a sticky for the ultimate guide)

If I do this guide I assume I no longer need to run IOS downgrader as before ?? Can I or should I, is what I guess I am asking.

Also can CC be installed at the end of this as before with no problem for disc channel support??

Thanks much, again you are the man.

2. tat2d1

tat2d1 Member

I installed cMIOS on an LU65 model and gamecube games play just fine, but the audio is a little choppy for some reason.

3. myrddinwy

myrddinwy Member

Thank you so much for this guide. Installation went beautifully. I don't have any of the said systems which were in question, but I have installed every patch Using "from network" or "from NUS" wherever possible.

4. Memino

Memino Member

Hi, I've modded a few wiis before but I have a small question. On another guide I found it's pretty much the same except they patch IOS249 and use that to install CIOSrev14, I'm wondering if IOS36 which is used in this guide is better/worse or exactly the same. Thanks.

5. bfeur66

bfeur66 Member

Larry - you are my hero!! I just had to register so I could post a note to say thanks for your guide. I have spent at least 10 hours reading and poking around the internet trying to get my WADs to install for the RB2 DLC. I'm not sure what piece I was missing before (was already using Trucha but not the IOS38 patch or the IOS249 patch) but after following your guide my wads installed properly and everything worked. You rock!

I know some people have asked some dumb questions on here but you should try to be a little more patient. All of us newbies are just trying to come up to speed and it is a lot to digest at once. I know I've learned a lot in the last 2 weeks by reading various hack forums. We all have to start somewhere before we become experts.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You will get the same results. So use whatever guide you want.

Please don't post "you should be more patient blah blah blah" post in this guide. We don't need them here. They just take up space and are worthless post. If you or any one else don't like how I answer questions in this guide then don't post your question or find another guide.

I am tired of hearing well I am a newbie and we all where newbies at one point in time. Yes this is true but I didn't gain my knowledge by asking 1000 of questions. I did research and gained a base knowledge of the modscene from past threads and sites before I jumped into modding the system.

Do some research and learn how all of this works before jumping into it. It will make everything go much more smoothly.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  7. gigaking

gigaking Member

hi larrylje

i need to know if i should use ur guide.

My wii is v.3.2e
    i used a guide a few months ago on this forum which used bannerbomb (its been taken off now)

i insalled everything it said to including things like cios and wad etc.
    but everything that was on the SD card was deleted.

Now i want to use ur guide, but first need to ask if it is safe to use your guide. I already hav bootmii as IOS.

Is it safe to update to 4.1 and run through your whole guide?

My aim is to launch back ups from disc.

thank you

8. adams0206

adams0206 Member

It seems I am having a big problem, I put all the info onto my Micro SD card and use my SD adapter. I am able to install HBC and DVDX but it says I cannont install Bootmii I have to intall as an IOS. When I try to do anything else like putting HB on my SD card it will not allow me its like I get a code saying (failed ret -1) any solution. Im running firmware v4.1u

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is kind of hard to let you know what you need to do since you specifically haven't said what you have installed. Like what cIOS etc. etc.

Does it say to use a micro-SD card + adapter? No it says to use a SD Card!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  10. gigaking

gigaking Member

Do you know how i can find out what was installed? or is there a way to revert back to the way it was originally?

I remember the guide i used was on this site and since then the guide has been removed. It was the very popular bannerbomb guide. I have created a nand today and saved this on my comp.

11. Memino

Memino Member

Thanks for the guide, it worked perfectly, I can even run metroid prime trilogy. I got one final question, is it safe to use Dop-ios on other ios than you suggested on an LU64+ wii because there is one for smash bros and it may make my smash bros work (error on cios rev 14 for dual layer discs).

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you used my older guide then go to the new 4.1 FIRMWARE SOFTMOD GUIDE in my sig.

Only follow the below sections in the order that I have listed them.

cIOS38_rev14:

At this time update to 4.1 firmware using normal update method (Wii settings).

IOS60Patched and NeoGamma R7: (If you already have NeoGamma R7 installed then skip that part).

DOP-IOS:

After that everything should be updated and work.

cIOSrev14 has issues with Dual layer. You will want to find cIOS13a or b and use that custom IOS instead. As for other IOS using DOP-IOS as long as you don't downgrade the IOS then you should be fine.

13. sniiki

sniiki Member

I know there are some Softmod remove guides around, but not sure if they are valid for this mod so..

In case I want to revert back to original Wii setup and not to worry about bricking, how can I (or can I) undo this mod? And in general, should I worry about bricking with this mod in the first place or can I let the system update itself?

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I am not about to go into detail on how to remove the softmod. I want to keep it as simple as possible. So if you want to remove it then find a guide on how to remove softmods.

As for worrying about bricking. What does the first sentence of the guide say?

15. sniiki

sniiki Member

Yea excuse me the last question, my bad (but this is all a bit confusing for a newbie with all these different mods and guides).
    So I'll just use this guide to remove it and I should be ok(?)

16. Memino

Memino Member

Thanks for your help larry, btw my Wii is Leh262 and brand new and I installed CMIOS using network install and it worked for 3 gamecube games so far so I guess it is compatible. I also installed gamecube backup launcher 0.2 incase neogama doesn't run certain gamecube games.

17. junkyardd

junkyardd Member

Larry, Thanks for the detailed guide. Everything works great for me on 4.1U. I originally had this for 3.2....and now, none of my VC games work anymore. When I try to load a virtual console game...the Wii will restart. Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks again

18. junkyardd

junkyardd Member

(also.... the Virtual Console games were purchased through Nintendo)

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It wouldn't be confusing if you researched the softmod scene before performing all of this. Newbie or not you should know what your doing to your system before actually doing it. Yes I was a newbie at one time but learned from past threads in this forum and other forums. So stop being lazy and put in some time to get better informed.

20. adams0206

adams0206 Member

So that is my main problem, I am using a Micro SD card + adapter? Its not installing correctly because of that, is it because its holding the same info the regular memory card will hold, anyway going to the store later and Im going to buy a SD card, hope it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.