1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratie

Ratie Member

Thank you for the guide - Got a SanDisk 2Gb and all is now well.

Now to some SNES & Megadrive Emulation

Cheers

Ratie

2. nkaufman

nkaufman Member

Hello,

Complete newbie question. Never modded anything in my life but will try to mod mine for my son.

If I understand the guide correctly, I cannot make a backup of NAND if I do not have a game cube controller. Is that right? If so, is there another recommended way to back up the NAND so that I can try to restore the Wii to its original configuration.

3. Keeru

Keeru Member

nkaufman, if I remember correctly, you can use the buttons on the wii itself to navigate through the menu buttons. I believe the power button is the confirm button and the reset button is to move it. Cheers.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If I remember correctly I put this information in the guide already. So read it!

5. bigsleep

bigsleep Member

cant play resort i di all of the things u said some games work can u help

6. Keeru

Keeru Member

He won't help you, it's clearly the wrong thread for that.

7. bigsleep

bigsleep Member

8. nkaufman

nkaufman Member

Thanks for your reply. Larry explicitly states in the guide - "Bootmii as IOS will boot from Homebrew Channel Home screen. Navigate using Game Cube Controller (if you do not have a Game Cube Controller then you will not be able to navigate the Bootmii menu to backup your NAND). If this is the case then skip backing up your NAND. ".

I understand that the above is when Bootmii is installed as IOS and not as Boot2. So your idea of using reset button might work for Boot2 method but not IOS method (according to Larry).

Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  9. nkaufman

nkaufman Member

Larry,

My understanding after reading the guide is that if Bootmii is installed as Boot2 one can backup the NAND by using the Wii power reset button to navigate the Bootmii menu. However, if Bootmii is installed as IOS then you've mentioned to skip the backup. So in the latter case, what is the option to make a backup?

Thanks for your assistance.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do your own research if you want to find another way to backup the NAND. Don't ask how to do it here.

11. nkaufman

nkaufman Member

That is ok if you do not know the answer. Maybe someone else on the forum might help us. I am extremely sorry that my question caused you so much anguish/pain that you had to retort in that manner.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It isnt that I don't know another way it is the fact that I am not going to explain a diffrent method in this thread and get newbies confused even more when they read past post.

If you want to know another way to back up your NAND then do some researcch or start a new thread and ask. But being a butthole like that will not get you far when it comes to people helping you.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

nkaufman, edit your previous post if nobody posts after you as per forum rules.
    12. Repeated posts to increase total number of posts is not allowed. Especially if your message is the last in the thread, edit it rather than post a new message.

14. ohrmundt

ohrmundt Member

Ran into an odd problem while attempting this guide. Everything went fine up until I needed to use the Wad Manager to do whatever with IOS249. So I open Wad Manager and the guide tells me to select IOS249. Now the problem is there is no IOS249 to select. It's start me off on 36 jumps around a bit and then from 61 it goes to 254. Any solutions or idea why? Any help would be much appreciated.
    I tried it again and found that there was an error installing the custom IOS. It says, Install ERROR! (ret = -2011). Still need help
    Update - FIXED!!! I mistakenly skipped a step, this guide is genius!!!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  15. Turbolag

Turbolag Member

If I understand correctly:
    Those of us with LU64 machines can safely downgrade IOS15 via truncha as long as it is restored. Otherwise, the cIOS38_rev14 install will fail (ret = -2011). However, after the completion of your guide (in entirety), no IOS should be downgraded.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    Thanks.

16. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

not sure if i am aloud to ask this question here but,

anyone have an issues with loading the game wwe smack down vs raw 2009 if so what settings should i load it on, i am not sure if i just had a bad usb download or not.
    the only reason i am asking here is the game guide dont have it on there for nstc all it has is pal..

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What does the guide say about LU64 and above systems?

What does the guide say and what has been posted in past post about specfic game titles?

COME ON PEOPLE LEARN TO READ!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  18. nkaufman

nkaufman Member

First let me thank you for the guide. Followed it step by step and had no problems.

Regarding your comments - I do not know what else to do except state that I am again extremely sorry to have inflicted upon you the pain that made you reply like that else there would be no reason for you to use words like b..e etc. I do understand that it is my fault.

19. Turbolag

Turbolag Member

The guide says do not downgrade after performing the guide; it makes no mention of whether or not truncha bug is safe for LU64 (etc) systems while performing the guide.
    If truncha bug cannot be used for these systems, cIOS38_rev14 cannot be installed as it fails with error ret=-2011. Therefore, we cannot create custom IOS249 and install NeoGamma.
    Thanks in advance.

20. jemithi

jemithi Member

Good day,

I have a question, what is the reason that when I get to install homebrew, I get the warning message and the press 1 to continue, and it does nothing when I press 1 on my wiimote.

Just to let you know my config : I had the 4.0u patch and I did your tread on the cioscorp program, with preloader and more that I cant remember (it is now deleted as you know).

I still did all your step everything when right but at the end I get the corrupted message when I start my wii. I do have a nand backup and preloader so I can go in HB but I cant get the damn boot mii to instal so I am kinda stuck.

Edit: ok I did some deep searching and I corrected the corrupt wii at the begining, it was only changing my ios60 to ios 35 in preloader. So that is fixed and all the new files I did install are now good and correctly installed. But still searching how to installed the bootmii...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.