1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.1 and below Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean (LINKED 4.2 GUIDE)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f0xy

f0xy Member

Yes i see that, but with the new 4.1 firmware reading sdhc cards, im just making sure we can use sdhc cards with this tutorial.

Anyone confirm this?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. noctunes

noctunes Member

I read but what it´s not clear is if it´s possible to do on my wii since the serial number is different from the ones you listed. It says "those that have a LU64, LEH 250 or LAH113 and above can downgrade IOS15 abd restore it safely" so does that mean if you have a different serial number you can´t do the guidelines???

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This is getting irritating!

Those that have LU64, LEH 250 or LAH113 and above systems are complaining that it isn't clear if downgrading IOS15 is safe. So I add it to the guide to clarify that it is safe. Then I get those without that serial now asking if it is safe to do this if they don't have one of those serial # systems.

It doesn't really matter if you read the guide you should have read the second sentence of it. It is getting out of hand how many questions in this thread that has been asked that could have been avoided if they just had read the guide.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  4. noctunes

noctunes Member

Ok I did everything and seems fine. the only problem is that when I load the game it says error 1101

5. f0xy

f0xy Member

any answers on my query?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I already told you your answer. As well it is in the guide itself. You can use up to 32GB SD Card.

7. Mddday

Mddday Member

Sorry to bug again but, how do you find out what IOS you have posses and from where do you resume following the guide if you have homebrew

One other question, what is the purpose of backing up the wii nand?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  8. DanN7650

DanN7650 Member

I have revieved 'Failed (-1)' error when installing Bootmii to iso and boot2 anyone solution?

extra info: I am using my 8GB Micros SD can with unlocked

9. southusc

southusc Member

Bootmii and other programs are sensitive to the type of card used. If it's an aftermarket card or cheaper one, many micro sd with adapters don't work well either. Try using a sandisk standard SD card should do the trick.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your first question makes no sense.

You should already know what the purpose is of backing up your NAND. I was kind enough to give step by step instructions on how to softmod the system. You can be kind enough to do research and find out what each application is used for and reason why it needs to be done.

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

noctunes, next time edit your previous post if nobody posts after you as per forum rules.
    12. Repeated posts to increase total number of posts is not allowed. Especially if your message is the last in the thread, edit it rather than post a new message.

EVERYBODY, read the guide & thread completely 1st before asking a question as most likely the answer is already there.

12. f0xy

f0xy Member

Ok then, little bit off topic, Very good guide this, is there any guide that will enable me to softmod wii 4.1 with an sdhc card?

13. Mddday

Mddday Member

You be happy to know, i analysed the guide to answer my previous questions, but i have one last new question.

I noticed that in the guide, if you left something out or said otherwise, it generally means you can't do the thing you left out. But i'm unsure with the wii serial numbers.

If the Serial number is anything other than the ones you've stated, does this mean, the downgrade is incompatible, and if so, what effects will this have

The first 6 digits are LEH 103 by the way

14. southusc

southusc Member

Just to save Larry the typing and frustration. YOU CAN USE SDHC for this guide. It has been stated and re-hashed many times throughout this thread. I don't recommend using cheap cards or micro sdhc with adapters as I have experienced known issues with both.

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have already answered this question.

Thanks for the help. lol

I changed the guide to try and make it more clear. Even though a 32GB would be a high capacity (SDHC) card.

It is just sad that I have to dumb the guide down as much just because people are not willing to do a little research and learn some stuff before performing the guide.

16. DanN7650

DanN7650 Member

mines is LEH144 and it works.

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The guide clearly says...

THIS GUIDE WILL WORK ON ANY SERIAL AND ANY REGION (EXCEPT KOREAN SYSTEMS)!

So I have no idea why they need clarification. I even quoted that part of the guide to their post a page back. But they still need clarification.

Yes it would be simple to give them a direct answer but if I did it for 1 then we would have 100 more post with members asking if they can mod their system with such and such serial #.

18. Mddday

Mddday Member

I realise that you addressed most issues at least somewhere in the text, and have lost paitience, but i'm sure you realise, that of lots of people are having problems picking out small lines that attend their questions, then there could be a problem with clarity.

Despite this, i am ready to rock and roll with your guide, thanks for providing

19. DanN7650

DanN7650 Member

Do i have to do this part: DOP-IOS? Explain what it does please.

20. renton17

renton17 Member

I've followed the guide to a tee, but am stuck on the last step.

When i go into WAD Manager in the last step, i can "Select IOS version to use: <IOS249>, no problem.

"Select NAND emulator device: <Disable>, no problem

"Select source device: <Wii SD Slot>, i hit A to continure and i get:
    "Mounting device, please wait...ERROR! (ret = -1) Press any button to continue."

Ive repeated the guide twice over, just wondering if you have any insight as to what may be the problem, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.