1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.2 Firmware Softmod Guide - All Systems Except For Korean

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonijuve

tonijuve Member

Hi! You can also use priloader hacks to prevent both wii and game discs to start the update ;)
    Toni

2. wrightty

wrightty Member

Ok i installed the cioscorp 3.6 thru the HBC and pressed A let it do its thing, exited back to the WII menu and now the games all show up in the disc channel and in colour too now

woohoo :) xx

Cheers

wrightty

3. Boy447374

Boy447374 Member

This worked great. Thanks so much.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

For probably the 3rd time this info has been posted in this thread. If you get Black and White change the NeoGamma setting to force NTSC.

Please do not talk about cIOSCorp in this thread either. I would recommend not installing cIOSCorp.

5. Nicubus

Nicubus Member

First of all let me say a big thank you for this amazing guide, it was my first time at modding anything and it worked perfectly without any trouble. Thanks a lot!

I do have a couple of questions though, I tried going through the thread to see if it has been asked before but I can't seem to find it, so sorry if I overlooked something.

I've installed the Gamecube support but I can't get Legend of Zelda Wind Waker working. It recognizes the disc but then goes to a green screen for a couple of seconds and then restarts the Wii. Did I miss something while installing? Because the compatibility list shows it should work.

Is there a way to make the Wii run the backups without Neogamma? I mean run the backups as they were originals.

If for any reason I need to restore the Wii to it's factory settings, is this possible after the mod, or will it brick? And if it's possible, will the mod still be detectable in some way?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Forgot one thing: I also have a Wiiware wad file on my SD card, but I can't seem to get it to work. Is it possible with this mod?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  6. tc154

tc154 Member

Ok, I finished the whole guide exept for the DOP-IOS MOD part. When I started on the first file on that it said something about initializing network (or something like that) then all this gibberish appeared on the screen. The guide said to be patient, so... being very sleepy I took an hour nap.
    When I woke up it was the same gibberish. Now, since I DON'T have wifi, I'm assuming the 'network' message meant it was trying to access wifi and it failed. If so, is there a way to update these files without wifi? (like in some of the other steps).

7. bunnykins

bunnykins Member

just wondering....I have a PAL system, but my TV supports both PAL and NTSC (I think). Once softmodded can I play disks from other regions or do I need to ensure they're PAL?

8. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

If you are uncertain then you ought to try playing NTSC games to see what happens.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need WiFi to do this step. If you don't have it then find a way to get it or skip the step.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most NTSC games will play in 60Hz. So make sure you force 60Hz if you have issues.

11. Nicubus

Nicubus Member

Bump because it seems to have been overlooked as other later questions were answered.

12. Chaser03

Chaser03 Member

Larry. I just wanted to say that your Guide worked extremly well. I sofmoded on wii. But here is the question i have for you. I am modding another Wii and it is 4.2U and i updated it before i started. everything has been working flawlessly until i get to the cIOS 222 installer. Seems to be freezing or not recognizing my internet connection. I have gone through it a couple times and restarted the guide several times. Only reason i am bothering you is because one worked flawless and this one i am having problems. I put all the Wad files on to the SD card as well (downloaded from NUS) but it is still trying to find the internet.(anyway to change that) so that it will read from SD card. I am just trying to give you as much info as i can. Any ideas you have would be great. Every step before that went great like i said before.
    thanks

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Please ask specific game question in another thread.

There are ways to play from disc channel but it is not covered in this thread. As well it shouldn't be talked about so users don't get confused. Start a new thread or do a search on how to do this.

As for uninstalling the softmod. If you wanted to unsoftmod it then you shouldn't have softmoded it in the first place. So again I am not going to get into how to unsoftmod the system. This is a how to softmod guide.

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Read the guide again (Hermes IOS222/223). There is a linked guide you need to follow for those having issues initializing the network.

15. Chaser03

Chaser03 Member

Larry. Sorry to bother you before. I went back and and checked my SD card and one set of files was not in the right folder. Thank you for the Quick reply and again thank you for an outstanding guide. Worked great(after the slight hang up) on both of my wii's. Thanks to ppl like you the average Joe can do this stuff. Much appreciated. Thank you again Larry.

16. bwachtel

bwachtel Member

hi, i have a previously softmodded 4.1u and i wanted to upgrade to 4.2 to see if it would fix an issue i have but my wii will not update to 4.2? any help is appreciated

-bwachtel

17. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

What do you mean exactly that it won't update to 4.2?

18. wrightty

wrightty Member

Larry hi & thx i edited that post that u didnt want me dicussing in here :) all is good mate.

my question is how can i get it to load all the back ups in colour and not as "Disc" using the gamma channel?

im trying to get the games to load thru the Disc channel without having to launch the Neogamma Channel any suggestions plz?

thx :)

Cheers

wrightty

19. bwachtel

bwachtel Member

i go to update wii in the menu area and it check for internet connection thats fine but when it gets to the downloading of the update it just freezes and then i get an error code. and it hapens every time i try.

20. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Have you tried more than once to update to 4.2? What issues are you having with your Wii being in 4.1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.