1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70011 Slim PS2 + Swap Magic 3.6 = There is no Data

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by BrokenGao, Jul 9, 2010.

1. BrokenGao

BrokenGao Member

Okay so I picked up a second hand PS2 slim today figuring it would be good to have a backup machine in case my old fat PS2 ever croaked on me. So I looked up how to get it working with Swap Magic and jumped through the various hoops of taping down switches and the like.

I have confirmed that this was done successfully, loading up Okami with the lid open with no problems.

However whenever I place my Swap Magic 3.6 disc in the drive the PS2 acknowledges there's a disc but throws me a 'There is no data' message. The disc spins like it's trying to load and nothing happens. I cleaned the disc, tried again, same error. To double check that the disc was still functioning I hooked my older PS2 up and put the disc in and it loaded fine.

So does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here and how I can fix it?

2. lackyno

lackyno Regular member

Try turning the PS2 off and let it cool down first (10-15mins) then try loading the disc again. It could be that the laser is getting weak.