1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

_KAZAA_ (( questions & answers ))

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by _MIKE_, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

2. QUISWILL

QUISWILL Guest

hi dela i finally got it, i had the TMPGEnc already i just thought it didnt work, but as far as the nero it was just wouldn't work for me but i had the recordnow max and i did it. i also learned how to cut because one movie had a couple of bad frames it keep freezing TMPGEnc, so if i get a movie longer than 80min i know what to do.
    thanks thanks thanks thanks very much.

3. Dela

No Problem (God I love seeing people getting problems successfully solved on these forums!)

4. gribs

gribs Guest

hey ive had kazaa for a while, but im in college now and it seems as if the university has put a cap on downloading from kazaa. i can download from webpages fine but i need my music! any ideas? other suggestions?

5. Dela

College security against kazaa is pretty good most of the time but a lot can be tricked by this simple method.

Open kazaa, click tools - options. Click the firwall tab. At the end you will see a port for incoming connections. Change it to whatever you like.

This little method has been defeated in a lot of colleges though but don't worry, crackers/hackers all over the net are working on it!!

6. demarc

demarc Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2002
  7. DennisF

DennisF Member

I had to re-format my C: drive and re-install my software. I have D: E: F: and G: drives on a 120 Gig HD. I had Kazaa on the D: drive. I copied the shared folder to E: and deleted all of the files. After I installed Kazaa to the D: drive and tried to run it I got an error saying I had uninstalled a necessary part and Kazaa quit. What do I have to do to get it working again. Thank you for your help.

8. DennisF

DennisF Member

I fixed my problem of having uninstalled a necessary part. I installed KaZaA Lite 1.7.1 that I found on a German site. The site, www.chip.de, had an English version. I ran it, then uninstalled it. I then installed KaZaA version 2.0.2. It ran correctly. I hope this helps someone else.

9. Dunga

Dunga Member

Hello Dela
    Finally got my film onto a vcd.Took a while but I got there in the end.Works perfectly.

Thanx for the help.

10. mankymanc

mankymanc Guest

Hi Delia,
    Just hoping you can help. I've used direct connct in the past, but with not much success. Find it hard to connect to a hub (sharing 8 gig). Then evenually when do connect my speed usually pretty lowsy, normaly get much fast kbps from Kazaa. Can you give any tips on how to improve my attempts. Using Direct Connect 1.0 preview build.

11. Dela

Direct Connect only downloads from one user but you can attempt to speed it up by right clicking on the download and click "attempt to find alternative source". The reason why I like Direct Connect so much is because, you can get real files from it much earlier than you'll see them on kazaa.

12. Dunga

Dunga Member

Back again. This time I have a problem with kazaa and winmx. When I start them up they try connecting, and stay connecting. But they don't actually connect. I have imesh as well and it connects no problem. Anybody had this problem or knows how I can fix it.
    thankyou.

13. Dela

I'd say your registry entries have been removed. You must re-install kazaa!

14. Dunga

Dunga Member

Well what happened was, I uninstalled kazaa and then a few weeks later re-installed it. Think its the newest version. The winmx worked fine until I put the new updated version of it in too. Could this be why its not working? Seems strange that they worked fine until I put newer versions in.

15. demarc

demarc Guest

every time you install a new version of WinMX you have to uninstall the previous version and reboot and then install and for kazaa the new version is really a piece of crap i've already warned everybody not to install it, it wants to take over your system and i'm not sure if the dummy files work with this new version 2.0.2 you need a regisrycleaning utility to clean your registry
    like Karen's Registry Pruner from
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptpruner.asp

16. demarc

demarc Guest

every time you install a new version of WinMX you have to uninstall the previous version and reboot and then install and for kazaa the new version is really a piece of crap i've already warned everybody not to install it, it wants to take over your system and i'm not sure if the dummy files work with this new version 2.0.2 you need a regisrycleaning utility to clean your registry

17. demarc

demarc Guest

18. demarc

demarc Guest

19. demarc

demarc Guest

20. demarc

demarc Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.