A little help with software setup

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Menion, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menion

Menion Regular member

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out with the software set-up on an htpc - first off this is my idea,
    I really like the antec fusion case so i was going to get one of those with the remote, load a 2TB HDD in it and back up all 300+ DVD's of mine to play them straight from the box.
    I just need help in what software would best suit my needs, from my research it looks like WMC (Windows 7) would be the best bet, but heres what i want: I want to just be able to power on and have it boot directy into WMC, from there I would like to be able to use the remote to navigate through the selections, I would like a nice looking GUI that has the DVD covers displayed and for all my Multiple DVD sets for TV shows I would like to seperate by seasons and when selecting the cover have it navigate into a directory with all the episodes. I am not interested in playing tv or recording tv through it but maybe live streaming netflix. It would also be nice to be able to pop in a DVD or Blu Ray disc and copy to the HDD from the connected optical drive.

What software do i need to make this possibe? once again the point is to get rid of screwing with DVD's and just have it convieniently loaded on one box that has it all and can easily be updated.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.