1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A possible idea to be able to load backup games without modchip swap magic etc.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Zero34, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Zero34

Zero34 Member

ok guys i did a lot of research, and id prefer this idea not to get shot down, id like some people to help and test out what they can. Well, sony at one point released some demos of games that you could download and burn on to a disc and play on the ps2 with no problem. That may have led to a major flaw by that company, see my idea is, and i dont know much about backing up games or if this is possible, but the idea is to take the booting program from a demo game (which would work if burned) and replace the boot program in whatever game you wanted to backup, this should allow the game to be bootable because the demo boot prog should work, however the file is a little hard to obtain, but if you could obtain it somehow, im willing to bet that the program would be usable. if anyone can get this program and test my theory, or tell me where to get it and i can test it myself. thanks for reading this and im hoping for a positive reaction and replies.

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Many things have been tried on the PS2, and the best thing going really is fmcb 1.8

There are many ways to install, even a FREE VOLUNTEER PRogram, and using a PS2 Swap disc using your PS2 Retail Game disc

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=fmcb.html - INSTALLATION Methods and GUIDES

But if you want you can read this thread. You probably have to sign up, its free
    http://www.alucard.cc/forums/index.php?topic=1667.0

The PS2 would still need a way to recognize the burnt disc, therefore you still need a method to swap

There are only certain PS2 versions that can swap for PS1 backup games using a Retail PS1 disc if you have done any homework. OThers need a too use Breaker Pro of PSXLauncher.elf
    The same goes for PS2 discs and backups. The PS2 will not just read a PS2 backup

These things have all been tried believe me, but your more than welcome to pursue it.
    Personally I would just get fmcb 1.8 installed to memory card, and then you can enjoy all kinds of PS2 programs and play backups.

3. DiMiaN

DiMiaN Guest

Any ideas which demo games you could download?

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member