1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A possible solution to banned consoles

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gameover9, Nov 9, 2009.

1. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

They must have been close. Ping has to be 30 or under.

2. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

This would be nice, but very unlikly. You still have the 30 ping limit. A central server would make no difference. The WOW servers are on PC which could care less about a ping limit (at least this low). Xbox live is usually 100 or sometimes higher.

3. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

It is on the disc. Boot a xbox 1 game and there is no ping limit.

4. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

Ok if it is on the disc wouldn't it be easier to hack the iso and change it through there instead of trying to trick the xbox into thinking that it is under 30ms. I am going to look into this more. I have already broke down Borderlands and did a quick check through. I will post if I find anything usefull.

5. jonroboue

jonroboue Member

tell more people about xlink kai. We have a blast on there.

6. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

Has anyone gotten anywhere? I am still trying to find someone to help me with packets that I have captured but being a newb in the hacking department I have no idea what to do. If someone would like to help me I have to xbox 360's and can atleast provide information. My server idea wouldn't be for everyone, it would just be for your specific 5 or 10 friends. Atleast this way you could control some of the lag.

To me it would be the best way to trick the 360 into thinking it is on Live and not on a lan. I have looked on Borderlands and broke down the iso and I beleive that the ping limit is found in the default.xex. My theory on this is because it woudld be something that M$ could distribute to each game maker and they would all be the same. I'm no expert so this is just a theory. Hope this helps.

7. rikdee

rikdee Regular member

does xlink kai work on windows 7? iv downloaded it but when i start it i get stuck searching for kai engine.

8. jonroboue

jonroboue Member

Yeah, it works under 7. I think you have to run it as admin.

9. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

I guess no one has gotten anything positive since there hasn't been abything new posted. Anyone still working on cracking the 30 ping limit or any of the lan programs. Just trying to keep on the up and up.

10. rikdee

rikdee Regular member

I got upto port forwarding and gave up on xlink but iv now got leaf networks to the point where i may well be able to get a game going, gonna try tonight if i get the chance.

11. dt5500

dt5500 Member

Were these guys close?

I've been trying to set up Leaf for me and 3 of my mates, they live 4miles away.. tops! and the lowest ping we can get is ~90ms. they are in a bit of a rural area i suppose. Their exchange will only give upto about 2mbps connection. Whereas i'm a tad more fortunate and can get up to 6mpbs. I was wondering whether the Leaf networks routing could have an adverse effect on the ping? Would trying Xlink Kai be any different?

i know my internet / bandwidth becomes rather poor at peak times so i guess that would have an adverse effect also;

Don

12. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

It all varies on from ISP and software. I posted the leaf option since that worked for me. xlink sucked where leaf worked. There have been reports of the opposite.

13. dt5500

dt5500 Member

Thanks for the info, I'll give Xlink Kai a try tonight see if that resolves the issue. Everything else is set up good, just terrible ping. I'm hoping that its just down to Leaf's routing, and not a complete dead end for us.. But we'll see.

I'll let you know how i get on!

Don

14. rdhood

rdhood Member

In the PC world, servers can be configured to reject low pingers, and that ping level can be set by the sys admin. Anyone with sufficient bandwidth can create and publish their own server, and software can browse and connect to servers. I played Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for years without paying a dime for either the game or connection to servers where as many as 64 people would be playing in a single game and the whole thing ran like greased lightning.

In the Xbox world, M$ makes sure that nobody else can implement an XBL network so that you have nowhere else to go. They make sure that they are the only source of online game play. Wonderful.

15. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

yep just another robbery of our money. Of course if it were free, I wouldn't pay!

16. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

I had the same idea with a side server that would act like xbox live, so it would get rid of the ping limit. This to me is still the way to go. I have tried to get somebody to work with me on decoding packets that are sent from console to xbox live but no one wants to help. I'm not good enough at it to really have a good grasp at what I am looking at.

If we know what info is sent we can counter it with a server that will give the xbox what it wants. This, though different from the WOW servers still acheives the same thing and that is signing into a server that the xbox will communicate with. Then if everyone else on your friends list signs into this server as well then it would be just like xbox live only just with your friends. I think this is the way to go.

17. jasperbox

jasperbox Member

Is Leaf safe for modified consoles that are NOT banned?

Is Leaf a security risk? The firewall/antivirus exception settings seem to give remote users complete access.

18. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

correct. Even if you are not banned this will still work and will not get you banned if you use it.

19. drklrd1

drklrd1 Member

To reduce the Ping limit, which is ONLY in Xbox 360 Game discs,
    You need a High speed internet connection, like Comcast High speed. Not DSL basic, at best DSL is 60 MS.
    And you can test your speed at http://speedtest.net/
    Or, the other option, lump it up and go back to M$

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  20. jonroboue

jonroboue Member

Can you tell me how I play with people in Chicago and I'm from Detroit? I will tell you, I can ping them at 25ms and I have DSL. There is such a thing as 8mbps down with DSL. Simply put, the closer someone is to you the lower the ping "Can" be.