1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick question about Pc game

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by phanhuyen345, May 15, 2018 at 03:43.

1. phanhuyen345

phanhuyen345 Newbie

Just got a pc game onto the computer but when i click to play an error message comes up saying

Please enable Direct3D acceleration. You can do this by starting dxdiag and enabling Direct3D Acceleration in the Display1/2 tab after installing DirectX 8.1b (or later) and the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to be doing??

2. aldan

aldan Active member

after you have installed the latest drivers for your video card you need to open the run command by holding down the windows key and r on your keyboard.once in the run command window you need to type dxdiag and click on run.when dxdiag comes up it will give you info on your graphics and sound,such as your current drivers and directx version.this is all in the display tab.make sure direct3d acceleration is enabled.(should be if you have the latest drivers for your card installed)/

3. hearme0

hearme0 Member

I believe Direct3D is automatically ready and supported with just about any mainstream graphics card. I'm betting you're using onboard or built-in graphics that does not support this feature. I've come across this on super basic computers.

Read here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/191660/directdraw-or-direct3d-option-is-unavailable

Symptoms
    When you try to start one of the games that are listed in the "Applies to" section, you experience one of the following symptoms:
    • The 3D Acceleration option is unavailable.
    • You receive an error message that states, "Your video adapter does not meet the game requirements."
    • You receive an error message that states, "Your video adapter does not have the 3D Acceleration option."
    • The DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe) shows Approx. Total Memory as blank or N/A.
    • The DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe) shows the
      DirectDraw option or the Direct3D option as unavailable.
    Cause
    This issue may occur for any one of the following reasons:
    • Your computer does not meet the minimum 3D hardware requirements to run the game.
    • Your video adapter does not have sufficient video memory to run the game.
    • DirectDraw Acceleration is disabled.
    • You use out-of-date drivers for your video adapter.
    • The latest version of DirectX is not installed or is damaged.
    • One or more programs that are running in the background are interfering with the game.