1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ace's guides: A TRUE working exploit for slim PlayStation 2s(CD, Memory Card, and USB Memory Stick) Also available for users of fat PlayStation 2s.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ace_2, Apr 30, 2006.

1. tdude511

tdude511 Member

So this method actually requires you to swap the games while the discs are spinning? Sounds a bit risky to me, or maybe I just misread it...

2. 11Ai11

11Ai11 Member

yea it is risky their is a chanc eyou can scratch your cd.... but after a few tries with less and don't care cds i got it down it only takes a second.. but you see only elf i can get to run is cogswap cause it is a small enough file that can that can replace the slus file... cause if you use cdloader 120 something kb or usbadvance(which is the oen i need to work) is 400 something kb.... the laser won't read it all so the screen stay black....

also i need help all i have is
    usb harddrive already for ps2...
    gameshark 2 v1.3
    all the exploit software....(cdloader, cogswap usbadvance...)
    i need a way to run usbadvance to access my games off the harddrive using gameshark.... i think i know what i'm not doing which is using ps2 save builder to get cdloader to work so i can access the exploit cd found on page one to run so i can access usbadvance from my hardrive... but ps2 save builder won't start i click on the program it nothing happens.. can someone please help me.....
    I don't have money realling right now.. all my games are backed up but the games got scratch from someone who got upset with me and yea...
    please anybody.. thanks in advance even if ou can't

3. Ace_2

Ace_2 Regular member

Hey, everyone, it's Ace again, been a while since I've been here, someone update me on what's been happening recently if possible.

Just to answer 11Ai11's question, I don't really know how to do it from a GameShark, but I'll tell you how using the exploit disc. Follow the steps for the CD method, but instead of putting in Cog-Swap as your ELF, use USB Advance instead. If I can find another method, I'll inform you, I'm no longer doing soft-mods since I've upgraded to a hard-mod for my PlayStation 2 in June, so it's a bit harder to come up with new soft-mod methods.

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Welcome back Ace_2, haven't seen you on here on in long time. I recommend your tutorials though quite a bit to a lot of new people, as they are very good tutorials.
    The site has updated which I am sure you have noticed in your account. Very nice. I myself still play around with the PS2, I have 3 of them(V14,V7,V5),Swap Magic,USB Extreme Disk, a USB hd, PS2 Hard drive, and the new memor32 memory card. So I think I have enough going there, plus I am into the DS Lite also and PSP.

Yes 11ai11 your method does sound risky for anyone really to be messing with.
    I had posted some info I had found on gameshark in the 2 pages of this thread.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/571514
    If you had a ps1 game, I would say try making an exploit cd installer to memory card. Then every time you boot the ps1 game you could launch usbadvance.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  5. 11Ai11

11Ai11 Member

actually ace i figured it out...
    i used my gameshark copy of gameshark swapping loadin cogswap... and use cogswap to load a usbadvance cd... i used the wrong cd sec ago and load hdadvance. but i need usb advance...

oo and my method works with any ps2 cd and a copy of it with the slus file change to cogswap

6. 11Ai11

11Ai11 Member

but the thing is ps2 save builder doesn't work on my pc it won't start so i had to find another way... which i did.. the method i use is easy for me now... and only takes a second....

7. tdude511

tdude511 Member

Hey Ace, nice to see yah again. Not much has been going on, just helping people out with this method when I get an email that someone posted and checking back from time to time.

I might just try that method later 11Ai11. I never would've thought to do it like that honestly, I was always too afraid that it would scratch up the disc too much. Congratulations on finding a quicker method that works though for the slim ps2s, seeing as the memory card exploit does not work on them. The faster, the better I say seeing as our method does take a while longer, and it requires much more patience ^^. I would recommend making your own thread on it if you haven't already. But of course, the only problem is having to time everything right with the laser and swapping the disc without scratching. =\

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  8. 11Ai11

11Ai11 Member

actually when you do it the cd slows down that is when you switch... and if you do it right the actual center spin stops long enough for your to do it with out it scratching...

in total you switch the cd 4 times then cogswap starts.... and twice before the ps logo and twice right after... the time after the ps logo is only for a second...

9. 11Ai11

11Ai11 Member

please i need help..

ok i can get cogswap and hdloader to work on my slim ps2... but of course hdloader doesn't help me cause i have usb hdd... anyways i can't load usbadvance all it does is read the disk and go to a black screen... same for cdloader.... i've read all info and no one say anything... i've burn it the way they say to... and it doesn't work.. am i burning it wrong missing files.... i want to use usb advance

my ps2 is a scph-70012 V12 pstwo slim.. please help.. i have nothing else i can do.. they games given are to scratch for my ps2... and they are backed up on the hard drive.. right now my life is so stressed and games and anime are my only relief.. but internet to slow to download anime.. and will take while since cable is out and can't rent anythign for a bit cause of tight money... please help.. sorry i know it seems like i'm looking for pity... *sigh.. help if you can if not i understand

10. Ace_2

Ace_2 Regular member

Your model is notorious for premature laser burn-out. I think your laser might either be dirty or is about to crap out. Do you have a laser fix soldered on your system? It's a must on a Version 12.

11. 11Ai11

11Ai11 Member

huh umm i don't know about it... and i don't know if it has been down to this one... but it reads other games and it reads my lil gameshark cogswap thing... it reads hdadvance or hdloader i forget what it is... but i can't load usbadvance it just turns to a black screen....

12. comminup

comminup Regular member

used this tut along with another and works like a charm for my ps2 slim.... just wish i could use a psone game as a trigger disc instrad of using my armax all the time

13. tdude511

tdude511 Member

Glad to hear you had success, it's just too bad they blocked the ps1 disc memory card exploit method on slims =[

14. comminup

comminup Regular member

bump. sticky please

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  15. albokid

albokid Member

I used the second version, and I got the exploit to my mc fine, but when i tried to put in that disc it didn't work. I think it is because of the way I burned that disc using alcohol 120%. On the page where it says PREPARE YOUR CD/DVD RECORDER, It didn't have the 4x speed and it has no PLAYSTATION or PLAYSTATION2 thing to choose from. I know where to look I have done it before it just wasn't there. And also what kind of write method should I have used? (DAO SAO, RAW SAO, RAW SAO + SUB, RAW DAO, or TAO. I used RAW DAO. I have version 1.97 (TRIAL VERSION). PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS YOU CAN. Thanks in advance

16. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

What disc exactly are you talking about, that you burned with Alcohol 120%.
    You have to remember the software has changed somewhat since this tutorial.
    Please, also don't write in paragraphs as its hard to read what you typed.

17. ollyice

ollyice Member

Hi there guys, ive been around on a few other forums previously and was looking for a quick bit of advice from a few of your local guru's.... Basically, i have a slim-line ps2 that i would like to get USBAdvance working on. However, i dont have any of the Swap Magic or Action Replay or Mediamax discs to use as the guides suggest... But i do have a completely soft modded PS2 (fat one) thats running:

uLaunchElf, HDLoader 0.86c, PS2net, HDLDumb, SMS 2.6 and Cogswap.

Is there anyway at all that i can mod the slim line ps2 using the modded-fat ps2? Can i bypass a lot of the guide by using my fat ps2 to copy certain files to MC and to the USB harddisk that the slim ps2 will be using?? Any help with this would probably turn out to be a v.useful sticky for your site.. as im sure a lot of other people could use this method for friends etc... Is it doable?

18. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

In short - no
    Even if you copied the files to the mc using your FAT PS2, you would still need a way on the slim ps2 to be able to boot the usbadvance.elf

Swap Magic 3.6 is only $25 and you could run the usbadvance.elf then plus play backups if you wanted.
    Its cheaper than the USbExtreme disk which allows you to use a USB hdd off the PS2.

Or its get Ar Max or Codebreaker and follow the tutorials.

19. ollyice

ollyice Member

20. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yeah I have been reading that since the beginning.
    Good luck to them if they do it.