1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ace's guides: A TRUE working exploit for slim PlayStation 2s(CD, Memory Card, and USB Memory Stick) Also available for users of fat PlayStation 2s.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ace_2, Apr 30, 2006.

1. genzo

genzo Member

i copied only the usbadvance.elf to root of my hd drive is that enough or should i copy the system and dummy file too.thanks for helping

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok this is a longshot, but try using this USBAdvance and see if it makes any difference.

3. netatma

netatma Member

Hello smokyrain, i tried a lot followin this thread, but when i connect my Kingston USB pen drive with files to my PS2, it doesn't even detects the USB drive.

Tried connecting a LAPTOP drive which is inside a Casing, its also not detected by my PS2

Iam badly in need of installing MCBoot 1.7 and HDLOADER..

please help.

Edit: just for your info
    Console:SCPH-90004
    browser : 1.40
    cdplayer: 2.00
    playstation driver: 2.00
    DVD player: 3.11E

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  4. genzo

genzo Member

hi smokyrain it was just as usual nothing happened i tried the file u gave but when i launched using ulaunch it went to black screen.and i tried it in putting in different usb but still it is not working.i also copied it to my mc and launched it usnig ulaunch but the same thing only happened.is this any problem with my mc or mc boot.thanks for helping.

5. genzo

genzo Member

i tried it using a Verbatim 4 gig pen drive a WD portable 160gig HD and an external HD with ST3160215A segate internal HD .i also have a MAXTOR 500gig desktop hard drive.are these compatible with usbadvance and my ps2 is SCPH-70011 NTSC .this is an info of what i have been working with.thanks for helping smokyrain .

6. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

A PS2 will not recognize a USB drive without some sort of software/hardware mod.

You first need a way too see the USB device via modchip, swap magic.

If you PS2 was bought before March 2008 it should be able to run fmcb 1.8, but if the date code is 8c or later it will not work.

7. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

hey ace-2 would this to mcboot ps2.
    ar max media not brun
    can i use a usb stick.not a blank cd-r

now did i download all the file to mod ps2
    ulaunch elf
    ps2 exploit
    free mcboot
    esr
    sms

slim ps2 scph-700002 ihink it brun out so that why i want to mood.