Ad Aware question

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Motomatt, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Could somone tell me why I would want to "quarentine" files instead of deleting them off my system? I run adaware every few days and it always finds tons of data mining software. Why would one want to quarentine these instead of deleting them?
    Thanks

Matt

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

I understand what your saying, the only reason i can think of is that some software, like the dreaded Kazza need spyware yo be installed or they wont run. Quarantining them gives you the chance to restore them so the proggy will work. I must admit that i usually delete everything that adaware finds, but i try not to use anything wit spyware so it doesnt worry me. Thats the only reason i can think of.
    Hope it helps

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Yeah.. I installed the work arounds for Kazaa's spyware where it doesn't install anything and still works. But I still get 30 or 40 things installed a week . It's rediculous that much spyware gets installed somehow..

Matt

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The main reason for quarantining files is that a lot of Microsoft created files look like adware. The Table of contents that is writen and the library file created in Windows media player looks like ad ware to older versions. So instead of deleting it, you can see if Windows still boots and all Microsoft products work, then delete. You can blame a lot of things on Microsoft.

5. Sputnick

Sputnick Member

I find it really strange that u get this many spywares installed. I wonder what u do on the net ? ;)
    Be carefull with programs you install, dont install any demo's you get for free from byeing a magazine.
    Try using "spybot search and destroy", much better then Ad-Aware.
    Dont forget to use Windows Washer and get a good Anti-virus, the best i know so far is Antivir Personal Edition, its free also.

And keep those data's updated, your windows too !!

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Thanks alot guys.. I appreciate the help

Matt

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Erm, you shouldn't use Kazaa. Use Kazaa Lite.

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Realistically you shouldnt use either. Kazaa and its brood are all poo. Move on to the donkey network, newsgroups or IRC