adding a harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by resifreak, Oct 5, 2005.

1. resifreak

resifreak Member

hi i know this has probley been convered a few times, but im thinking of getting a 80 gig seagate 7200rpm HD and i want to install it and replace my stock 8 gig and put data on it obviously lol but i have a few questions .
    1. how risky is this ?
    2. how much of the 80 gig will the xbox use for partition?
    3. can i back upmy exisitng saves and soundtracks?

also i can already ftp files to and from my xbox but is there a way to make the music i want to ftp appear in the saoundtracks on the M$dash?

and my xbox dvd rom has a problem reading the end track of audio cds and it doesnt read backed up audio :( ive been toldits because ofmy rom but isd there a way i could put inside a normal cd/dvd rom just torip sum cds onto my xbox or does that just sound stupid ?

please reply to this many thanks

mattbirdy....

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

1-not that risky at all

2-the xbox will want about 3 gigs for the dash and all the apps...but you should have about 4 gigs left on the E drive and about 70 left on the F drive once done.

3-you can use a tool called xbox game manager to backup your game saves through ftp.

about the soundtracks,I'm not sure how to back them up...but if you want to put songs on again faster without worrying about what disk to use,you can use xbox soundtrack editor.

both tools are on the xbox-scene webpage under the tools/managers/gamsavemanagers section.

this will let you manage your soundtracks from your pc through ftp. All you would have to do is convert the song(s) that you would like to have in your soundtrack to WMA and then transfer them over.

You can use almost any music converter to convert mp3's to wma,personally I use dbpoweramp,since it has a killer list of codecs.

hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  3. resifreak

resifreak Member

heya thanks i got it working fine now and i did the save gamnes weird place it puts them lol but im tryin the program u mentioned for the soundtracks just ftpin some stuff across first so thansk for your help