adding songs to iphone from any computer

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by epstein1, Jan 25, 2010.

1. epstein1

epstein1 Member

Hello folks just looking into adding some new songs to my iphone and would like to be able to use computer at work or wherever I find myself to do this. did some googling and results and the process varies greatly if someone has a clear cut way of accomplishing this preferably free I would appreciate it. thanks in advance.

2. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

If im not mistaken, just use the same itunes account when you install itunes. You can also active up to 5 PC to use your bought content from the store.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
  3. Kell_B

Kell_B Member

You can authorize up to 5 computers with iTunes. However if the libraries are not exactly the same between your machines, your iPhone contents will be perpetually wiped off and replaced. This can be very annoying in a long run. Let me explain. For example, you ripped some CDs on your home computer and you put them to your iPhone using iTunes. Then you will be no longer able to sync it to your office computer because all the alterations you made at home will be erased and replace by the office iTunes library.

To avoid this hassle, you can use an alternative to iTunes such as this free iPod manager .

You'll see this program is a god sent for those who wish to manage their iPhone device easily on multiple computers. Just drag-n-drop your songs to iPhone in a blink ;-)