Advice about a good Divx DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by MCalca170, Apr 4, 2008.

1. MCalca170

MCalca170 Member

I need advice about a good DivX or DivX Ultra DVD player to replace a Pioneer DV-400 thats always in the shop for repair. (See my post name Pioneer DV 400 Horror story for details).

I need a player with these features:
    SVHS Output (HDMI would be nice but not required)
    Very compatible with the largest variety of computer video files
    Full filenames for Divx files and MP3's
    Onscreen display (on TV) for Divx & MP3's including at least file name, file extension and duration (and maybe time remaining)
    An input for a flash drive or exernal hard drive would be nice

I need to test a lot of computer video files (mostly AVI and MPEG) so I need information about the file that's playing on the tv screen.

The Pioneer DV-400 in the shop has the onscreen DivX display and displays most of the filenames, but as I said, it's always defective and in the shop for repair!
    I definitely do not want another Pioneer unit and I know that the latest Philips units don't have the features I need.

Thank You
    M. Calcagno

2. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

WHat country do you live in? If it is canada or usa try LG-831.
    I bought one around Christmas and am 100% satisfied with it, among the features is a usb port in the front plus it is divx friendly and it will PLAY any burnd movie including PAL if you download the the patch for it. Also it is upconverting and under 100$ can or us. The picture is amazing on my sony 46" lcd screen at 1080p.

3. MCalca170

MCalca170 Member

Thank you so much for the information about the LG DVD Player.
    I live in the US.
    Does this unit display at least most of the file name while playing DivX files? This feature is very important to me because I need to test alot of video files and need to see the name (and other information like duration and time remaining) on the screen during playback.

I wrote to a few DVD Player makers including LG for information about units with DivX oncreen displays but so far no luck.
    The Pioneer DVP 400 is still out for repair. I haven't had a non defective Pioneer DV 400V for about six months!

Thank You
    M. Calcagno