advice on Mimo Router

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by thelad, Sep 26, 2006.

1. thelad

thelad Member

hi there

After some unsucessful attempts with a Belkin Mimo Adsl Wireless Router, which I returned to the store thanks to advice from the forum.

I am now seeking more help and advice on which Mimo Wireless Adsl Modem Router to purchase

Has anybody got first hand experience with Netgear Mimo Adsl Modem Wireless Routers

I have read a few reviews and I am seriously thinking about the

Dg 834 PN Range Max Mimo-G Wireless Adsl Modem Router 4 Port 10/100 Switch ( Sorry I don't know what they mean by 4 Port 10/100 Switch )

Can you please help me make my mind up or even reccommend some other

Mimo-G Wireless Adsl Modem Router that I should look at also before I purchase any routers (PLEASE DONT MENTION BELKIN ROUTERS Thank-you )

hope to hear from you all soon

take care and many thanks

Jim

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum.

Hello again, hope you enjoyed your holiday. i haven't used any MIMO routers and only know the little i've googled.
    4 Port 10/100 Switch simply means the router has a network switch built-in, and it's got 4 ports that can transfer from 10 thru 100meg, you can basically plug other pc's in (i remember previously you were working wirelessly, the switch just lets you connect to the router 'wired', and you can connect both wirelessly and wired ie mix and match the connections).

http://www.netgear.co.uk/wired_broadband_router_dg834.php
    http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters/DG834.aspx

..hope that helps for now, i'm sure other people can add more info on MIMO routers, anything i find will only be off google...

..and this thread will be of help to me also, if i ever decide to upgrade to MIMO kit..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  3. thelad

thelad Member

thanks Creaky for getting back so soon

I will check out the the 2 links you sent me

The holiday was great thanks, I was a bit dissapointed as we all wanted to go and see the Shuttle taking off, but due to this and that plus the thunderstorms it was cancelled when we were there, so it took off after we all came back to UK. BUT like always its nice to get back home and i am looking forward to getting A Router up and running.

you mention Google is that a lot better than Yahoo for searching !!!

many thank once again

take care

Jim

4. thelad

thelad Member

Thanks for closing my other thread

here is the link about Mimo Routers

http://www.misco.co.uk/categories/~1181~...~0~~~/index.htm

I am checking out this site any advice from you or other members would be appreciated

the more i look and read the more confusing it can be

thanks once again

take care

Jim